HERCULEAN task of making my own prop file for v6 (or the BC button and Fett263 button love child)

Hi guys,

I decided that I’m a massochist and will attempt to make my own prop file for version 6 but I am woefully ignorant as to how it is written. my limited knowledge of code and I have reviewed the comments section and my plan is as follows, to remove the choreography mode and use the following button combos.

click pwr
double click pwr
triple click pwr
quad click pwr
pwr + twist
pwr + swing
twist
pwr + clash
pwr + twist R
pwr + twist L
twist R
twist L

I did edit the write up on the prop file if that helps but I ran out of keypresses and needed to not use the choreography mode, but I was wondering is it too hard to remove the choreography or just have it there but not assign the single button IF statements for the choreography and just not use it?

I thought if you have it in the prop file without a button combination for 1 it would fail to compile?

My prop is still in flux so I wouldn’t do anything yet. I have several PRs in the works for some bug fixes and clean up.

You can remove choreography by excluding the code within the #ifdef FETT263_SAVE_CHOREOGRAPHY

You won’t be able to use Twist Right and Left outside of the menu, the movement is too sensitive for normal operation any swing or movement of the saber will trigger. The directional twists only work in a dedicated menu mode.

2 Likes

Ok So I did that. Very cool.

Power + twist/left right could work while the saber is off to do things, but directed twisting is going to be hard to use while you’re doing a swing or something, so I don’t think it’s a useful control while the saber is on.

Btw, we also have events for double/triple/quadrouple-longclick, which is actually 1-3 short clicks followed by a long click.

2 Likes

the double triple and quad long clicks I am going to use BC buttons implementation. so I’m going to reuse some of it.

I just tier things by order of usage. For me, playing a track and dim blade are rare, so they’re 4x clicks etc…

2 Likes

Hey @NoSloppy wanted to ask you how the blade detect if I add the #define NO_BLADE_NO_GESTURE and the #define Blade_detect_pin and I compiled my config.

and got this error.

Arduino: 1.8.16 (Linux), Board: "Proffieboard V2, Serial + WebUSB, SDCARD (SPI), 80 MHz, Smallest Code"

ProffieOS:611:42: error: wrong number of template arguments (0, should be 1)
  611 | LatchingButtonTemplate<FloatingButtonBase<BLADE_DETECT_PIN>>
      |                                          ^
In file included from /home/maxb/Documents/ProffieOS/ProffieOS.ino:575:
/home/maxb/Documents/ProffieOS/buttons/floating_button.h:6:7: note: provided for 'template<int PIN> class FloatingButtonBase'
    6 | class FloatingButtonBase {
      |       ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
ProffieOS:611:59: error: template argument 1 is invalid
  611 | LatchingButtonTemplate<FloatingButtonBase<BLADE_DETECT_PIN>>
      |                                                           ^~
ProffieOS:612:54: error: expected primary-expression before ',' token
  612 |     BladeDetect(BUTTON_BLADE_DETECT, BLADE_DETECT_PIN, "blade_detect");
      |                                                      ^
ProffieOS:612:70: error: expression list treated as compound expression in initializer [-fpermissive]
  612 |     BladeDetect(BUTTON_BLADE_DETECT, BLADE_DETECT_PIN, "blade_detect");
      |                                                                      ^
/home/maxb/Documents/ProffieOS/ProffieOS.ino: In function 'void setup()':
ProffieOS:1414:17: error: request for member 'Warmup' in 'BladeDetect', which is of non-class type 'int'
 1414 |     BladeDetect.Warmup();
      |                 ^~~~~~
exit status 1
wrong number of template arguments (0, should be 1)

This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
option enabled in File -> Preferences.

I’m using the last proffieos_master (downloaded yesterday) AND proffieos 5.9

my config is as follows.

Not sure what you mean you’re using the latest AND 5.9,
but the Blade detect error is because you don’t have an actual pin on the define. It should be the pad that you have wired for blade detect (floating until grounded with blade inserted. Actually could be Positive too but…)
Needs to be something like
#define BLADE_DETECT_PIN blade3Pin
or
#define BLADE_DETECT_PIN 10

2 Likes

this is just a standard LGT install which I don’t think they have the pad configured in that way. i’ll just continue with the prop file.

which leads me to my next question, I’m doing something wrong (OR A LOT).

I was reading up on the C++ and given my knowledge of linux plus scripts I think I understand how the file is structured but there is a few things I am having issues with.

firstly my compiling has errors.

voila:

Arduino: 1.8.16 (Linux), Board: "Proffieboard V2, Serial + WebUSB, SDCARD (SPI), 80 MHz, Smallest Code"

ProffieOS:1493:1: error: expected '}' at end of input
 1493 | }
      | ^
In file included from /home/maxb/Documents/ProffieOS/config/INCENDIUS2.h:47,
                 from /home/maxb/Documents/ProffieOS/ProffieOS.ino:551:
/home/maxb/Documents/ProffieOS/props/saber_afrojedi_buttons.h:617:66: note: to match this '{'
  617 | class SaberAFROJEDIButtons : public PROP_INHERIT_PREFIX PropBase {
      |                                                                  ^
/home/maxb/Documents/ProffieOS/props/saber_afrojedi_buttons.h: In member function 'virtual void SaberAFROJEDIButtons::Loop()':
/home/maxb/Documents/ProffieOS/props/saber_afrojedi_buttons.h:628:11: error: 'auto_lockup_on_' was not declared in this scope
  628 |       if (auto_lockup_on_ &&
      |           ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
/home/maxb/Documents/ProffieOS/props/saber_afrojedi_buttons.h:631:22: error: 'clash_impact_millis_' was not declared in this scope
  631 |           millis() - clash_impact_millis_ > AFROJEDI_LOCKUP_DELAY &&
      |                      ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
/home/maxb/Documents/ProffieOS/props/saber_afrojedi_buttons.h:637:11: error: 'auto_melt_on_' was not declared in this scope
  637 |       if (auto_melt_on_ &&
      |           ^~~~~~~~~~~~~
/home/maxb/Documents/ProffieOS/props/saber_afrojedi_buttons.h:640:22: error: 'clash_impact_millis_' was not declared in this scope
  640 |           millis() - clash_impact_millis_ > AFROJEDI_LOCKUP_DELAY &&
      |                      ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
/home/maxb/Documents/ProffieOS/props/saber_afrojedi_buttons.h:651:24: error: 'push_begin_millis_' was not declared in this scope
  651 |         if (millis() - push_begin_millis_ > AFROJEDI_FORCE_PUSH_LENGTH) {
      |                        ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
/home/maxb/Documents/ProffieOS/props/saber_afrojedi_buttons.h:656:9: error: 'push_begin_millis_' was not declared in this scope
  656 |         push_begin_millis_ = millis();
      |         ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
/home/maxb/Documents/ProffieOS/props/saber_afrojedi_buttons.h:660:22: error: 'saber_off_time_' was not declared in this scope
  660 |       if (millis() - saber_off_time_ < MOTION_TIMEOUT) {
      |                      ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
/home/maxb/Documents/ProffieOS/props/saber_afrojedi_buttons.h:675:24: error: 'thrust_begin_millis_' was not declared in this scope
  675 |         if (millis() - thrust_begin_millis_ > 15) {
      |                        ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
/home/maxb/Documents/ProffieOS/props/saber_afrojedi_buttons.h:680:9: error: 'thrust_begin_millis_' was not declared in this scope
  680 |         thrust_begin_millis_ = millis();
      |         ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
/home/maxb/Documents/ProffieOS/props/saber_afrojedi_buttons.h: In member function 'void SaberAFROJEDIButtons::VolumeUp()':
/home/maxb/Documents/ProffieOS/props/saber_afrojedi_buttons.h:725:14: error: 'max_vol_reached_' was not declared in this scope
  725 |         if (!max_vol_reached_) {
      |              ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
/home/maxb/Documents/ProffieOS/props/saber_afrojedi_buttons.h: In member function 'void SaberAFROJEDIButtons::VolumeDown()':
/home/maxb/Documents/ProffieOS/props/saber_afrojedi_buttons.h:768:14: error: 'min_vol_reached_' was not declared in this scope
  768 |         if (!min_vol_reached_) {
      |              ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
/home/maxb/Documents/ProffieOS/props/saber_afrojedi_buttons.h: In member function 'virtual bool SaberAFROJEDIButtons::Event2(BUTTON, EVENT, uint32_t)':
/home/maxb/Documents/ProffieOS/props/saber_afrojedi_buttons.h:803:11: error: 'pointing_down_' was not declared in this scope
  803 |           pointing_down_ = true;
      |           ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~
/home/maxb/Documents/ProffieOS/props/saber_afrojedi_buttons.h:805:11: error: 'pointing_down_' was not declared in this scope
  805 |           pointing_down_ = false;
      |           ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~
/home/maxb/Documents/ProffieOS/props/saber_afrojedi_buttons.h:809:25: error: a function-definition is not allowed here before '{' token
  809 | void GenerateIniFiles() {
      |                         ^
/home/maxb/Documents/ProffieOS/props/saber_afrojedi_buttons.h:814:43: error: a function-definition is not allowed here before '{' token
  814 |   Color16 GetColorArg(int blade, int arg) {
      |                                           ^
/home/maxb/Documents/ProffieOS/props/saber_afrojedi_buttons.h:844:19: error: a function-definition is not allowed here before '{' token
  844 |   void ShowFull() {
      |                   ^
/home/maxb/Documents/ProffieOS/props/saber_afrojedi_buttons.h:853:19: error: a function-definition is not allowed here before '{' token
  853 |   void ShowPart() {
      |                   ^
/home/maxb/Documents/ProffieOS/props/saber_afrojedi_buttons.h:871:33: error: a function-definition is not allowed here before '{' token
  871 |   void LengthPreview(int blade) {
      |                                 ^
/home/maxb/Documents/ProffieOS/props/saber_afrojedi_buttons.h:878:21: error: a function-definition is not allowed here before '{' token
  878 |   void CopyColors() {
      |                     ^
/home/maxb/Documents/ProffieOS/props/saber_afrojedi_buttons.h:892:19: error: a function-definition is not allowed here before '{' token
  892 |   void SetInOut() {
      |                   ^
/home/maxb/Documents/ProffieOS/props/saber_afrojedi_buttons.h:923:22: error: a function-definition is not allowed here before '{' token
  923 |   void RevertInOut() {
      |                      ^
/home/maxb/Documents/ProffieOS/props/saber_afrojedi_buttons.h:944:38: error: a function-definition is not allowed here before '{' token
  944 |   void SayStyleNumber(int style_num) {
      |                                      ^
/home/maxb/Documents/ProffieOS/props/saber_afrojedi_buttons.h:957:29: error: a function-definition is not allowed here before '{' token
  957 |   void StopSettingPreview() {
      |                             ^
/home/maxb/Documents/ProffieOS/props/saber_afrojedi_buttons.h:976:27: error: a function-definition is not allowed here before '{' token
  976 |   void SaveStyleSetting() {
      |                           ^
/home/maxb/Documents/ProffieOS/props/saber_afrojedi_buttons.h:985:29: error: a function-definition is not allowed here before '{' token
  985 |   void CancelStyleSetting() {
      |                             ^
/home/maxb/Documents/ProffieOS/props/saber_afrojedi_buttons.h:996:20: error: a function-definition is not allowed here before '{' token
  996 |   void EditColor() {
      |                    ^
/home/maxb/Documents/ProffieOS/props/saber_afrojedi_buttons.h:1073:40: error: a function-definition is not allowed here before '{' token
 1073 |   void NewColor(int blade, int effect) {
      |                                        ^
/home/maxb/Documents/ProffieOS/props/saber_afrojedi_buttons.h:1105:25: error: a function-definition is not allowed here before '{' token
 1105 |   void Setup() override {
      |                         ^
/home/maxb/Documents/ProffieOS/props/saber_afrojedi_buttons.h:1109:9: error: 'off_event_' was not declared in this scope
 1109 |     if (off_event_ && millis() - restart_millis_ > 200) {
      |         ^~~~~~~~~~
/home/maxb/Documents/ProffieOS/props/saber_afrojedi_buttons.h:1109:34: error: 'restart_millis_' was not declared in this scope
 1109 |     if (off_event_ && millis() - restart_millis_ > 200) {
      |                                  ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
/home/maxb/Documents/ProffieOS/props/saber_afrojedi_buttons.h:1112:7: error: 'restart_' was not declared in this scope
 1112 |       restart_ = true;
      |       ^~~~~~~~
/home/maxb/Documents/ProffieOS/props/saber_afrojedi_buttons.h:1115:9: error: 'restart_' was not declared in this scope
 1115 |     if (restart_ && (int)(millis() - restart_millis_) > calc_ + 1000) {
      |         ^~~~~~~~
/home/maxb/Documents/ProffieOS/props/saber_afrojedi_buttons.h:1115:38: error: 'restart_millis_' was not declared in this scope
      |                                      ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
/home/maxb/Documents/ProffieOS/props/saber_afrojedi_buttons.h:1115:57: error: 'calc_' was not declared in this scope
      |                                                         ^~~~~
/home/maxb/Documents/ProffieOS/props/saber_afrojedi_buttons.h:1190:24: error: a function-definition is not allowed here before '{' token
 1190 |   void Loop() override {
      |                        ^
ProffieOS:1493:1: error: expected '}' at end of input
 1493 | }
      | ^
In file included from /home/maxb/Documents/ProffieOS/config/INCENDIUS2.h:47,
                 from /home/maxb/Documents/ProffieOS/ProffieOS.ino:551:
/home/maxb/Documents/ProffieOS/props/saber_afrojedi_buttons.h:797:77: note: to match this '{'
  797 |   bool Event2(enum BUTTON button, EVENT event, uint32_t modifiers) override {
      |                                                                             ^
/home/maxb/Documents/ProffieOS/ProffieOS.ino: At global scope:
ProffieOS:1493:1: error: expected unqualified-id at end of input
 1493 | }
      | ^
exit status 1
expected '}' at end of input

This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
option enabled in File -> Preferences.

I noted earlier my prop is still in flux, there’s a lot of changes in development so you’ll end up needing to redo most of this anyway. I’d recommend waiting for the prop to be finalized as I’m moving functions to a common prop file to make it easier to use and there are other code changes that are being worked on.

As to that error you’re missing a bracket or semi-colon somewhere but there’s probably more to it.

1 Like

OH yeah, you did, sorry for being impetuous. I’ll tinker with it a little more just to familiarise myself with one button functions. though I think I might just read brians prop file and try to figure out what each line does.

For learning is fine, look through the code for a missing bracket or semi-colon before the line referenced in first error.

But a large portion of my prop is changing so most of what you’ve copied will need to be redone if you try to use as OS6 progresses through Alpha. I’d recommend waiting and using the prop after it’s finalized and tested but you’re free to do as you choose.

1 Like

This brace is matched at the very end of the file right above the #endif.
It gets a semicolon after it.
Otherwise, you should see what line 1493 is closing or should be.

I highly recommend BracketHighlighter plugin for Sublime text to help easily see/find pairs of things. quotes, parenthesis, braces, if-else-ends, etc…
https://packagecontrol.io/packages/BracketHighlighter

1 Like

It’s not possible for someone diagnose a compilation error based only on the output from the compiler. You also need to see the code. When you’re just writing a config file, most errors are fairly predictable, so sometimes it’s possible to figure it out just from the errors themselves, but when writing a prop file, it’s essentially programming, which means it’s not predictable.

1 Like

I downloaded codelite on my linux machine and that seems to have bracket highlight automatically but I’ll definitely check this out as well.

Ok So update on my madness. I think I’m understand the differences of that class, variables, statements, functions and objects but I’m reading The prop files and they are super complicated and interconnected. @NoSloppy the Sublime bracket highlighter is really cool. I’m especially liking the high visibility mode but there was a few { that didn’t meet up as according to that feature I was able to find all the other orphaned { but I’m still getting errors, I’m reducing the list though I should be done by my 50th birthday though. Lol

@Fett263 Dude great work thus far.

@profezzorn you’re genius level intellect right? Thanks for making this nerd finally getting into coding.

1 Like

It gets easier. I’ve been programming for 37 years, so it’s pretty darn easy now…

1 Like