Getting an error for 1 font but the font works

I have one font that when I cycle to it plays the correct boot.wav and also says “error in font directory” at the same time. every part of the font seems to be working though (hum, swings, force quotes, track, clash, blasters, lightning), its the return v2 from kyberphonic.

Not sure how to diagnose this problem as I’m still pretty new at this. I assume if I made an error in this config that it would cause more problems than that or not upload. I can post my config if needed, not sure how to share that font folder for inspection though.

Pretty simple actually.
You either have a filename out of sequence (like clsh01, clsh02, clsh04…where 03 is missing,
or you might have a subdirectory of sounds like a font/swng folder with multiple swng.wav files, but ALSO a swng.wav file loose in the root level of the font.

You can manually browse the font to find the problem,
or you could get a hint by typing effects in Serial Monitor and see which sound shows a problem (you need to NOT have #define DISABLE_DIAGNOSTIC_COMMANDS active in your config to use this command)

2 Likes

You are awesome, you narrowed down what I was looking for a ton. It was an out of sequence force quote.

1 Like

Hey a good way to test this as well is to hookup the profffie to a pc and use the serial monitor.

Once connected flip through the presets.

The command to go next is n and previous is p.

my sd card needs some fixing as well, as seen below.

Found lock files: 1-1 using 2 digits in subdirs SOME FILES ARE MISSING! 1 != 2 in Ixam Let'si

Found font files: one unnumbered file SOME FILES ARE MISSING! 1 != 2 in Ki-Adi-Mundi

09:54:25.380 -> Found drag files: 1-1 using 2 digits SOME FILES ARE MISSING! 1 != 2 in Knighthood
09:54:25.380 -> Found font files: 1-2 using 2 digits in subdirs SOME FILES ARE MISSING! 2 != 3 in Knighthood
09:54:25.380 -> Found stab files: 1-1 using 2 digits SOME FILES ARE MISSING! 1 != 2 in Knighthood
09:54:25.380 -> Found boot files: 1-1 using 2 digits SOME FILES ARE MISSING! 1 != 2 in Knighthood

I’ll have to start removing the define for disabling diagnostic commands so I can make use of that. Very useful info.

no you don’t I have the disabling diagnostic commands enabled. it’s only for things like the beep and scanid and some debugging that you need to do that.