Gesture controls not working

Hello,

I got passed the Proffie 6.7 issue I had. I got a successful upload of my configure with my soundfonts and blade styles. It uses Fett’s two button. It’s great but I noticed my Thrust on and Twist off gesture controls are not working. Here is a copy of my Top Config:

#ifdef CONFIG_TOP
#include "proffieboard_v2_config.h"
#define NUM_BLADES 3
#define NUM_BUTTONS 2
#define VOLUME 1200
const unsigned int maxLedsPerStrip = 144;
#define CLASH_THRESHOLD_G 2.0
#define ENABLE_AUDIO
#define ENABLE_MOTION
#define ENABLE_WS2811
#define ENABLE_SD
#define MOTION_TIMEOUT 60 * 15 * 1000
#define IDLE_OFF_TIME 60 * 15 * 1000
#define DISABLE_DIAGNOSTIC_COMMANDS
#define NO_REPEAT_RANDOM
#define FETT263_DUAL_MODE_SOUND
#define FETT263_MOTION_WAKE_POWER_BUTTON
#define FETT263_QUOTE_PLAYER_START_ON
#define FETT263_TWIST_OFF
#define FETT_THRUST_ON
#define FETT_THRUST_ON_NO_BM
#endif
#ifdef CONFIG_PROP
#include "../props/saber_fett263_buttons.h"
#endif`

What did I do wrong?

Should be FETT263 not FETT

Are you sure you’re doing the gesture of Twist Off correctly? It should be a quick twist of the hilt forward then backward once, like a rev on a motorcycle. Typically when users are having trouble they are not doing the gesture correctly. It’s diagramed at bottom of this page.

Fett,

Thanks. I always do something simple stupid! I fixed the thrust gestures. Still cant get the twist off to work. Not sure what I’m doing wrong. Saw on another board that sometimes it could be the clash threshold?

Nope, not related in any way to clash threshold, not sure who would have given that advice but it’s incorrect. It’s a compound movement, turn your hilt approximately a quarter turn in one direction and then back a quarter turn in the opposite direction in quick succession. Just about every user who I’ve dealt with who has trouble with it is simply doing the gesture wrong, once they do it correctly it “magically” works :wink:

LOL! Fake News on the lightsaber webs. Got you. It’s definitely “user error.” That I have no doubt.

Always better to ask about Proffieboard and ProffieOS here, a lot of “fake” experts on the Internet in just about any subject matter.

Try this:

1 Like