Friend having issues uploading to proffie

Arduino: 1.8.19 (Windows 10), Board: "Proffieboard V2, Serial, SDCARD (SPI), 80 MHz, Smallest Code"

In file included from C:\Users\garsi\OneDrive\Plocha\ProffieOS\config\proffieboard_v2_config.h:2,

from C:\Users\garsi\OneDrive\Plocha\ProffieOS\config\proffieboard_v2_config.h:2,

from C:\Users\garsi\OneDrive\Plocha\ProffieOS\config\proffieboard_v2_config.h:2,

from C:\Users\garsi\OneDrive\Plocha\ProffieOS\config\proffieboard_v2_c 

“error compiling for Proffieboard V2”

Just trying to help out a buddy with this, but I’m really not sure what’s wrong. His config files look fine, and he has them defined correctly. From what I can tell he also has things set up correctly. Any help?

1 Like

need to post his full config and the full error message with pastebin, nothing useful here

proffieboard_v2_config.h (31.3 KB)

waiting on full error message

use pastebin

1 Like

error.txt (20.6 KB)

was going to upload just the text but told me it was too long (this is a very long error message)

maybe someone else can look then, I can’t view downloads

error - Pastebin.com <— error
config - Pastebin.com <— config

The problem is that you overwrote the proffieboard_v2_config.h file with your own config file.
proffieboard_v2_config.h is supposed to provide the board-specific configuration, and your config file is supposed to include it.

Your config file does include it, but because you overwrote proffieboard_v2_config.h, it’s including itself, which doesn’t work.

1 Like

Nothing wrong with attaching files.

1 Like

how would I correct this issue? My friend must’ve done this not knowing the issue.

I can’t view on phone, but looks like you have them sorted

Start with a fresh ProffieOS download (or zip file) then copy the config file into the config directory, but name it something other than “proffieos_v2_config.h”. Then update the CONFIG_FILE define, compile and upload.

1 Like

You would need a text file viewer app I think.
(At least that’s how it works on android.)

1 Like

problem solved! since i have the proffie_v2_config.h file i just had him rename the file he edited to his new config and i sent him a copy of my file. Says it’s working now! Thanks for the help!

1 Like