Font/Boot/Out/In/Blst sounds but no hum/swings

What could cause everything to work except for hum/swing/swingh/l sounds?

Board boots, can switch fonts, ignite but then no hums or swings
Not just 1 font either … happening on all fonts

Flashed another board with same config / SD card image and that’s working fine.

As far as i was aware nothing in the proffie config could cause the fonts to partially work… and i’ve had issues with a broken font but these are all native fonts from people like KSith/Kyberphonic and i know they’re good as i’ve been using on my other sabers

These sounds are all dependent on the motion chip to work, so my guess is that there is a problem with the motion chip or the SDA/SCL pads.

1 Like

Ok – thanks — i know the fonts are good (can run another saber perfect with same) and i didn’t think anything in the config file could block sounds like this

Not unless you selected “proffieboard v1” instead of “proffieboard v2”. :slight_smile:

That’s not possible tho is it … you get a compile failure if you try and compile a V2 config but have V1 selected in arduino

Usually.
It is possible to make config files that work for both though.
(By including proffieboard_config.h instead of proffieboard_v1_config.h or proffieboard_v2_config.h from your config file.)

Ah fair enough … mine always included #include “proffieboard_v2_config.h”
:slight_smile: So alas that’s not the problem
I think it’s the chip … ignition gestures aren’t working … the new 6.5 preset by twist menu option isn’t working … the saber worked initially but now not doing … so sounds like damage in transit / moisture / ESD or just chip decided to end it all

Thanks for the help anyway

You test the motion chip by doing monitor clash in the serial monitor. (If you have DISABLE_DIAGNOSTIC_COMMANDS in your config file, you would need to remove that first.)

Also, shorts on the SDA/SCL pads will make the motion chip not work, but usually it starts working if the short is resolved.