First Crystal Chamber build!

Graflex TFA

How’d I do?

7 Likes

2 Likes

nice collection you’ve got there.

2 Likes

Thank you. My GL9 is the only one not shown. The goal is to get a chamber in all of them. 2 down 2 to go

3 Likes

That looks really nice! I always struggle with crystal chambers…maybe because of all the fiddly bits and that the space I set aside for the chamber always seems to get taken up by other things by the time.

3 Likes

great job!!!

1 Like

I know what you mean. It was so nerve recking getting those wires to the perfect length while marring those two pieces together. Check out this during construction pic.

5 Likes

Thank you Master.
You taught me everything I know about Proffie.

2 Likes

Looks Great, Im impressed! Im sitting here staring at the pieces and parts of my first CC build. Debating myself about whether or not i really want to step off this ledge.

3 Likes

Take the plunge!!! It’s so rewarding.
Especially when the first time you turn it on, it Just happen to be on the Sidious Quote " Look What You Have Made" from TROS. I almost cried :sob: :sob: :rofl: :joy: :joy:

1 Like

I started it. Thank for the motivation.

3 Likes

Which hilt Is that going in?

New OBI3 by Kobanth. Not the coolest chassis but I got tired of waiting on goth3d to release the new master chassis.

2 Likes

I went with a cheaper chassis too. Yaron Feigenson AKA Order 66 on shapeways, is what I went with.
I’ll tackle a goth when I can afford it. I really want one of those for my GL9

1 Like

Just Some More Beauty Shots

1 Like

Everything is working except my two pixels in the crystal chamber. Not sure what ive done wrong. Everythig compiled and uploaded. If I can find the right place to post within the crucible I’ll post.
Ill have to check out the chassis you went with. It looks like you did quite a bit of work on it. Look much better than mine. I went destroyed wo proffies on my first attempt at building a saber, a simple mhs. it was frustrating and expensive but I learned a lot. lol The soldering and everything went much better on this my second attempt. Thank God!

2 Likes

Just start a thread in Proffieboards.

2 Likes

You may have something set up incorrectly in the config. Not enough info for me to be helpful though. Just start that thread if you haven’t already.
My original goal with the white chassis was to let it get dirtier over time. But when I started shading it in spots, the spots looked so good I decided to just shade the whole thing. I’m still surprised how well it turn out. Thanks so much for the Comp.
I got all my soldering practice on the NEC Igniter 4 s. Then I went to Proffie and I haven’t looked back. Even with all the practice I managed to short out at least 4 Proffieboards. Since I got a better soldering iron I haven’t had that problem.

1 Like

here the links to the Chassis parts
https://www.shapeways.com/product/WCYRNCTJB/graflex-skywalker-chassis-part-1-of-2-body?optionId=63351138&li=ostatus

https://www.shapeways.com/product/8T833N3A6/graflex-skywalker-chassis-part-2-of-2-chamber?optionId=63152736&li=ostatus

1 Like

I already want to redo the obi chassis, it’s so ECO. lol
I really like the order 66 Graflex chassis. I didn’t see any OBI3 products on shapeways, or anywhere else, other than the one I got, the goth3d eco (w/cc). I guess that’s to be expected when buying a hilt when it first comes out.

1 Like