Fett263 prop issues

Ok so now it says font directory not found every time I change fonts. It’s still playing the correct font.wav though…
Also volume control isn’t working at all. I’m using hold power, click aux and rotate left to turn volume down. It was working on old config. Although it didn’t play any sounds so I had to guess / do it a few times to get the volume right. I wish it didn’t reset my volume to max every time I update the config. If I define the volume at say 100, is that the new max volume or just the boot volume? I want it to boot quiet with the option of getting loud.

Here’s what serial monitor has to say when i change fonts. I see it says common NOT FOUND

Style RAM = 1528
Scanning sound font: Qg2 done
Scanning sound font: common NOT FOUND!
WARNING, wav player still referenced!
Activating polyphonic font.
Activating SmoothSwing V2
Accent Swings Enabled.
Polyphonic swings: 18
Monophonic swings: 0
Accent Slashes Enabled.
Polyphonic slashes: 10
DISPLAY: Preset: 11
unit = 1 vol = 0.50, Playing Qg2/font/font.wav
channels: 1 rate: 44100 bits: 16
Amplifier off.
Unmounting SD Card.

Make sure you gave the Voice Pack sounds in a folder named “common” in the root directory of your SD card.

Also, your previous config had the orientation define

#define ORIENTATION ORIENTATION_USB_TOWARDS_BLADE

this one doesn’t, you need to select if your board is positioned with the USB pointing towards the blade or your saber will think it is always pointing opposite.

Voice Pack sounds are now working.

I added the define orientation.

Stab, drag, and melt work but are really hard to activate. Harder than my other Proffies. Is there a sensitivity control for them? Are they linked to clash sensitivity at all?

Sometimes, even when I haven’t changed any sound files, it will play the wrong font.wav with my boot font. Like, the boot font is Graflex456 and sometimes it’ll play the font.wav from the a CW Asohka font.wav that’s on the SD card but isn’t in the config. Any ideas?

Changes in presets.ini probably.

Lower your CLASH_THRESHOLD_G value

Hook up to Serial Monitor and see what font it’s using.

I’ve never messed with any .ini files. Can it happen on its own?

I was afraid of that. I have the clash sensitivity how I like it. Is there a way to disable clash? I don’t like to accidentally trigger clash while I’m spinning but I like it for dueling. That’s the only reason I like it at 8. So I don’t get any accidental triggers. But if I can toggle it, that would solve my problem.

serial mon says

EVENT: Aux-Pressed#1 millis=72722
EVENT: Aux-Pressed millis=72722
EVENT: Aux-Released#1 millis=72848
EVENT: Aux-Released millis=72848
EVENT: Aux-Shortclick#1 millis=72848
EVENT: Aux-Shortclick millis=72848
Style RAM = 1324
Scanning sound font: Ah2 done
Scanning sound font: common done
Activating polyphonic font.
Activating SmoothSwing V2
Accent Swings Enabled.
Polyphonic swings: 18
Monophonic swings: 0
Accent Slashes Enabled.
Polyphonic slashes: 10
DISPLAY: Preset: 1
unit = 0 vol = 0.50, Playing Ah2/font/font.wav
channels: 1 rate: 22050 bits: 16
Amplifier off.
Unmounting SD Card.

you can check my pastebin config but I see no reason why it would be triggering the font.wav from another font

Move to OS7 and use Spin Mode :wink:

I’d like to learn 6 first before I throw that monkey wrench in there

The OS cannot, type “list_presets” in Serial Monitor it will tell you what is actually uploaded, perhaps you are uploading a different config than you thought -or- you Changed Font on the preset without realizing.

Why? Your config is OS6 stuff you’re just gaining Spin Mode as an option if that’s the only define you add to it :wink:

Thought it was still in beta. Is it stable?

I’ll try list presets but I didn’t change the font.wav or anything else pertaining to that font. Perplexingly, I can click upload in Arduino and when it’s done, sometimes it’ll play the wrong font.WAV. I’ll change nothing but click upload again and it’ll be right. It doesn’t make any sense.

That DOESN’T make any sense unless you’re somehow uploading a different config. I can’t think of any way that would even be possible unless the font contains the wrong sound or you are uploading a different config (or not saving config before uploading).