Error Message w/ Compiling Proffie ("../props/saber_sabertrio_buttons.h: No such file or directory")

I can’t seem to get past this error message when I try to compile the config file for my new Sabertrio Krosgaard:

"In file included from C:\Users\ajbur\Desktop\LIGHTSABER FILES\ProffieOS-v7.8\ProffieOS\ProffieOS.ino:617:

C:\Users\ajbur\Desktop\LIGHTSABER FILES\ProffieOS-v7.8\ProffieOS\config\s3config_Kros.h:44:10: fatal error: …/props/saber_sabertrio_buttons.h: No such file or directory

44 | #include “…/props/saber_sabertrio_buttons.h”

| ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

compilation terminated.

exit status 1

Compilation error: …/props/saber_sabertrio_buttons.h: No such file or directory"

Anyone know what I’m supposed to do here? I think I’ve had this error message before in a different Sabertrio I had a while back, but I can’t remember how I fixed it. I would really appreciate any help you can give. THANKS!

That is not a supported prop file, you’ll need to reach out to your installer for a config that is compatible with the main OS.

Email Sabertrio and they’ll send you their special version of ProffieOS that you want specifically for their sabers. Basically that error means you’re missing their custom part of the OS.

tl;dr but read this.

As stated that’s not a standard Proffie supported configuration. Sabertrio has a modified and customized version of OS 7.12 and it is specific to their hilts as they come from the factory. They did this for a specific model of user interaction with their product. The download for that is here Sabertrio Proffie Preconfiguration 4.0.zip - Google Drive and all you need to do is email or message @Sabertrio_Support via their page or your email for the password to open the locked files with all their OEM protected fonts. *There’s also a copy of the factory OS on your SD card under extra that should already be unlocked if you already have all the fonts and config examples. Simply download all your SD card contents (You did this before attempting to flash it right?), back it all up, and open the extra folder and goto ProffieOS.

Basically if you have Arduino and the main ProffieOS 7.12 or newer you just open up Saberterio’s version of the OS via their folder instead via the ProffieOS.ino launcher. I always suggest adding a specific note or comment to the top line in the Arduino window to reflect this so you don’t accidentally mix anything up with the standard OS.

Such as follows:

Factory Download for standard ProffieOS reflects

Control software for lightsabers and other props.
 http://fredrik.hubbe.net/lightsaber/teensy_saber.html
 Copyright (c) 2016-2019 Fredrik Hubinette
 Additional copyright holders listed inline below.

Editing in the comment it becomes

ProffieOS 7.12 Sabertrio Preconfig 4.0: 

Then for my standard ProffieOS where the Factory Download for standard ProffieOS reflects

I edit in the comment and it becomes

ProffieOS 7.13 12_01_2024

This way if I open one or the other by accident I immediately can tell the different versions apart.

Why go through all of that? Well, here’s why, I and some others use the current standard ProffieOS (7.13 in my case) and the common folder voice pack options to run our hilts as you may have seen teased in the online groups and Instagram. I just took the time to put in the work so I users want they have a choice of Sabertrio’s OS or the standard pack. I could put in more work but I like how @NitTheGrit and I (and a few others) have ours setup. The example* 2 blade and 1 blade (2 button) example configs if you wish to consult them are posted at Updated Config Examples for use with *pending?* ProffieOS7.13 BladeDetect - Pastebin.com

*Note the example configs allow for blade detect as well as the lit blade and lit button, or just a single blade if you don’t run a lit button. I have not done a cross blade example yet but that’s mostly because I run a simple setup. For this you’ll need to put the blade detect sounds into a No_Blade font folder as well as into common and each font folder. If that’s something you wish we can chat about it here or in the Sabertrio Owners Group on Fb.

**I have also yet to integrate changes relating to the new PowerCore config as I am waiting on my newest hilt. Soon though.

I see three dots at the start of the path, there should just be two. seems an odd error to have crept in though.

That’s just the line’s entire content shortened down. Like when you use “…” and “…” continuation marks is all. maybe the OP typed a little too fast or that’s what the system showed. No biggie.

you could be right, but it’s worth double checking.