Error in Font Directory on one font "SpeederHorn"

So I have one font on my Cal hilt SD. It is a alternate function font, 2 colors and some different sounds for each.

The colors change, and the sounds are good, but i still have something im missing giving me the “error in font directory” each time i switch to that font.

I can post whatever is needed.
I’ll include some stuff that I think would be helpful.

CalSurvivor-1button.h (146.0 KB)

The font in this config is all the way at the bottom.

These are the folders in this particular font.

Anything else, please let me know and I will do my best.

Also, I have formatted this SD card plenty, and have removed and added back the files plenty of times, so its not a corrupt SD issue or file problem, as this font works fine on another 89sabers Cal hilt I have, although that 89 Cal is a 2 button setup (not sure if that makes any difference)

Thanks for any help guys!!

Remove DISABLE_DIAGNOSTIC_COMMANDS define and upload.

Then go into Arduino > Tools > Serial Monitor with board connected and switch to font with the issue.

Type ‘effects’

It will tell you the cause so you can fix.

2 Likes

Sweet, thanks Fett, I was in discord going back and forth with some of the guys, didnt want to tag you and bother lol. I’ll report back

@Fett263 I have this, and I’m sorry, but i dont know what this means yet lol. Excuse my dumbass :slight_smile:

Found clrlst files: 1-27 using 2 digits in subdirs in common
Found mnum files: 1-20 in subdirs in common
Found medit files: one unnumbered file in common
Found vmend files: one unnumbered file in common
Found vmbegin files: one unnumbered file in common
Found altchng files: 1-2 using 2 digits in SpeederHorn
Found ccchange files: one unnumbered file in common
Found ccend files: one unnumbered file in common
Found ccbegin files: one unnumbered file in common
Found enddrag files: 1-2 using 2 digits in subdirs SOME FILES ARE MISSING! 4 != 6 in SpeederHorn
Found drag files: 1-1 using 2 digits in subdirs SOME FILES ARE MISSING! 2 != 3 in SpeederHorn
Found bgndrag files: 1-2 using 2 digits in subdirs SOME FILES ARE MISSING! 4 != 6 in SpeederHorn
Found swingh files: 1-3 using 2 digits in subdirs SOME FILES ARE MISSING! 6 != 9 in SpeederHorn
Found swingl files: 1-3 using 2 digits in subdirs SOME FILES ARE MISSING! 6 != 9 in SpeederHorn
Found swng files: 1-12 using 2 digits in subdirs in SpeederHorn
Found lock files: 1-1 using 2 digits in subdirs SOME FILES ARE MISSING! 2 != 3 in SpeederHorn
Found out files: 1-3 using 2 digits in subdirs SOME FILES ARE MISSING! 6 != 9 in SpeederHorn
Found in files: 1-2 using 2 digits in subdirs SOME FILES ARE MISSING! 4 != 6 in SpeederHorn
Found clsh files: 1-12 using 2 digits in subdirs SOME FILES ARE MISSING! 24 != 36 in SpeederHorn
Found blst files: 1-6 using 2 digits in subdirs SOME FILES ARE MISSING! 12 != 18 in SpeederHorn
Found endlock files: 1-2 using 2 digits in subdirs SOME FILES ARE MISSING! 4 != 6 in SpeederHorn
Found bgnlock files: 1-2 using 2 digits in subdirs SOME FILES ARE MISSING! 4 != 6 in SpeederHorn
Found font files: one unnumbered file in subdirs SOME FILES ARE MISSING! 2 != 3 in SpeederHorn
Found stab files: 1-3 using 2 digits in subdirs SOME FILES ARE MISSING! 6 != 9 in SpeederHorn
Found force files: 1-3 using 2 digits in subdirs SOME FILES ARE MISSING! 6 != 9 in SpeederHorn
Found hum files: 1-1 using 2 digits in subdirs in SpeederHorn
Found bladeout files: one unnumbered file in common
Found bladein files: one unnumbered file in common
Found boot files: 1-1 using 2 digits + one unnumbered file in subdirs SOME FILES ARE MISSING! 4 != 3 in SpeederHorn
Found pstoff files: 1-1 using 2 digits SOME FILES ARE MISSING! 2 != 3 in SpeederHorn
Found preon files: 1-1 SOME FILES ARE MISSING! 2 != 3 in SpeederHorn
Done listing effects.
Battery voltage: 4.07

You have to fix all the sounds that say this.

In the alt000 and alt001 folders, to my understanding the only files that need to be in there are the sounds that will be changing when you activate the change on your saber. In the case of this font, only the hum and accent swings change. Based on your screenshot, it looks to me like you are trying to copy the entire contents from the main font folder into the alt000 and alt001 directory, which isn’t necessary.

I have it on my saber as shown (image below) and it works just fine. The font package was already preconfigured with the folder structure/wav files already set up ready to go, all ya have to do it drop the main font folder in your SD card and add your blade style in your config.

Yes, i figured that much, but i dont know what its asking for, is what i am trying to say lol. Its not cut and dry to people who havent messed with this and its coding very often lol. But BK just replied so ill see what he mentions. :smiley:

Ok cool, thanks my friend, i thought i had it proper at first, but there is a chance i could have messed with the folders ans files prior to putting content into this new sabers sd card, i will give that a go and let you know. Thanks!!

Please beware that alt000 and alt001 has to have exactly the same filenames in them. If there are 5 swing sounds in alt000, the must also be five swing sounds in alt001, with exactly the same names. Only the content of the files is allowed to be different.

1 Like

Yes, and they are, that was one thing I double checked on, peeled through all the folders and files and checked the sounds and names, and they were named properly, but different sounds for some. Like BK said, I didnt realize there were only supposed to be the differences in there, and those folders would then share the main font folder for everything else. Thanks Zorn!

I mean, you nothing is really stopping you from having identical files in alt000 and alt001. However, now that I look at your directories, I do see a problem. Looking at “bgndrag” you have it both in alt000/alt001 AND in the font directory, that will probably not work. For each effect name, it needs to be either in alt000/alt001 OR in the font directory, not both.

Just checked your original zip file for the font, and yep, i sure must have moved all files to those alts for some reason lol. I’m going to move the original back and see how it goes

This was exactly the problem lol. Thanks @BK_Saber , @Fett263 , @profezzorn for chiming in and lending a hand, much appreciated!! I did however learn quite a bit from this little fiasco, so something came from it lol.

1 Like

Another happy landing…

1 Like