Eco Hero Master Wiring Question

Hi all,

First time builder, and while I have had some experience with soldering, this is by far the most complicated electronics that I have worked on. Using the config generator and the provided wiring diagram I have created this wiring diagram, and was hoping for feedback on it. I also have my draft config that I would be incredibly grateful to get looked over. Equally, if I’ve missed any forum guidelines, please feel free to correct me!

myconfig.h (25.5 KB)

Do you have some documentation in the switch led board?
Without that it’s hard to know if it’s right or wrong.

No documentation I’m afraid, but here’s a photo. Khal at KR has told me it should just wire up like regular switches and accent LEDs. Here’s a photo of the contacts on the board if that helps

It’s got Switch 1, common, switch 2, red+ red-, green+, and green-

Hard to read, but looks like two switches and two plain LEDs.
Does the led board have resistors for the LEDs?

It does, yes

So I think you want to hook up Free1 / Free2 the other way around.
(Free1 ↔ LED+ , LED- ↔ GND)

The way you have it will work, but it will be dark at 255 and bright at zero.

Brilliant, tha k you so much, you’ve saved me no end of troubleshooting when I try and get my config to work!!

I’ve wired it all up, using the following diagram and config, but blades 4, 6, and 7: The accent strip and PCB LEDs are not working at all. I can’t tell if it’s an issue with my config or possibly the wiring?

am no expert so hopfully one stops by :slight_smile: and have only built the eco chassis so far(my master chassis is on order)

only mistake i can see is i don’t think the accent led’s are cree based(again no expert), this is what i use for them
SimpleBladePtr<CH2LED,NoLED, NoLED, NoLED,bladePowerPin4, -1,-1,-1>(),
SimpleBladePtr<CH1LED,NoLED, NoLED, NoLED,bladePowerPin5, -1,-1,-1>(),

i also powered them from the 3.3v as per the wiring diagram on thesaberarmoury

Thanks so much, I’ll give it a rewire and see if we’ve got any more luck!

@Maff76 rewired, but still no luck. I’ve been tweaking the config to see if I can persuade it to work but also nothing. Would you be able to send me your config so that I can compare them and see if I can reverse-engineer mine?

Will upload in a couple hours once home :slight_smile:

here ya go, config - Pastebin.com again no expert but some how fumbled my way through it hehe

for my master build i was planning on adding the below and 2 more styles in each font
{ 0, WS281XBladePtr<112, bladePin, Color8::GRB, PowerPINS<bladePowerPin2, bladePowerPin3> >(),
WS281XBladePtr<1, blade2Pin, Color8::GRB, PowerPINS<bladePowerPin1> >(),
WS281XBladePtr<3, blade3Pin, Color8::GRB, PowerPINS<bladePowerPin6> >(),
SimpleBladePtr<CH2LED,NoLED, NoLED, NoLED,bladePowerPin4, -1,-1,-1>(),
SimpleBladePtr<CH1LED,NoLED, NoLED, NoLED,bladePowerPin5, -1,-1,-1>(),