Confirm Smoothswing.ini file parameters

So im just asking to confirm a couple smoothswing.ini parameters to see if they are either old code or no longer active in proffie OS4x and above.

Ive seen some smoothswing.ini files contain:

degrees per second needed to register first swing transition
the default is 45.0 (1 to 360)
- Transition1Degrees=45

degrees per second needed to register second swing transition
the default is 160.0 (1 to 360)
- Transition2Degrees=260

set to 90 degrees per second to approximate double-blades
the default is 180.0 (90 double blade, 1 - 360 max)
- Transition3Degrees=180

Versus another different ini file contain:

degrees per second needed to register first swing transition
the default is 45.0 (1 to 360)
- Transition1Degrees=45

degrees per second needed to register second swing transition
the default is 160.0 (1 to 360)
- Transition2Degrees=160

However, the current wiki no longer speaks about ā€˜Transition3Degrees=ā€™ so iā€™m wondering if this is even being used anymore? is that 2nd set of transition parameters above now the standard default, with a significantly lower Transition2Degrees number than what we used before (without the Transition3Degrees)?

Transition3Degrees is not a thing, and has never been a thing in ProffieOS.
Also, these descriptions of Transition1Degrees and Transition2Degrees are wrong.

Interestingly, now that I look up what Transition1Degrees and Transition2Degrees do, I think I found a bug.

Transition1Degrees was meant to specify how many degrees the ā€œcrossoverā€ between the hi/low takes. Transition2Degrees was meant to specify roughly how many degrees until the first transition occurs. However, I seem to have mixed them up, and they are both crossover lengths.

I should probably fix that.

1 Like

Ok good! Glad i have some clarity on these now. So is the following default parameters below still true then?

# Length of first transition in degrees.
Transition1Degrees=45
# Length of second transition in degrees.
Transition2Degrees=160.0
1 Like

Yes, those are the defaults, and the descriptions are least semi-accurate.

Thank you for confirming! :slight_smile:

Iā€™m sorry for the confusion here, although its not my fault :slight_smile:

All of those were a thing in ultra, where I significantly changed the code and how it works for transition degrees 1, 2, and 3 (for dual blades). It was an accurate description for my fork, and not ProffieOS main repo - i wanted to measure how many degrees per second were passing instead. All my ini and config files are clearly marked as being for ultra, someone must have just copied and pasted all the entries into a config or ini that did not have my notice and put it in a vanilla ini.

Just FYI.

1 Like

Sorry to bring up an old thread. But now that OS6.4 is out, im re-reading all the wiki pages to get acclimated with all the new features. I stumbled across the smoothswing.ini wiki, and it says that we use transition3 degrees

# Set to 90 degrees to approximate double-blades
# Default is 180.0 (90 double blade, 1 - 360 max)
Transition3Degrees=180

Is this not supposed to be there? or has something changed for OS6?

Iā€™m not sure how that came to be. I donā€™t see any instances of it in ProffieOS.

Apparently you added it to the wiki, where did you get it from?

Removed now.

I know! Sorry about that :person_facepalming:
The best I can trace it is searching by oldest occurrence of it in my system. It looks like it came from some LGT provided config, and I had it in my testfont, probably to test it when I thought it was something I had been missing. Then it got propagated to the Wiki.

Youā€™re just inventing features now!

1 Like