Configuration of LED pads in config file

Doing soldering of my Proffie, I soldered the main blade to LED negative pads 4 and 5 (by bridging the pads) and put my crystal chamber LED negatives to 1 and 6 respectively (I did not daisy chain them). I know I need to specifically configure my data pads, but do I need to do anything for the negative pads?

Also, follow up, how exactly do I configure my data pads for main blade + crystal chamber? I saw a few posts here about the auto-detection feature, but I’m still lost. This is my first time building a crystal chamber, so I’m not sure how that process would go.

The crystal chamber just becomes another “blade”, and then you can have two styles for each preset, one that controls the main blade and one that controls the crystal chamber. (Although, you might need three blades if you didn’t daisy-chain the crystal LEDs.)

This page should have all the information:

To see some actual examples, I recommend playing with the config generator on the Proffieboard V2 page. Select a main blade and a crystal chamber, and you’ll see the difference in the config file below.

Finally, to answer your question about the LED pads, you probably have something like this in your config file:

BladeConfig blades[] = {
 { 0, WS281XBladePtr<144, bladePin, Color8::GRB, PowerPINS<bladePowerPin2, bladePowerPin3> >(), CONFIGARRAY(presets) },
};

See where it says bladePowerPin2, bladePowerPin3 ? That’s the list of LED pads that control the power for that specific blade. In your case, you’ll want to make sure that it says bladePowerPin4, bladePowerPin5.

Profezzorn saves the day again! Thank you for the resources, those are exactly what I needed.

After poking around a bit through the links you provided I’m a little confused on the syntax of multiple ‘blades’.

Proffie’s website (fredrick.hubbe.net) puts all the blades in the same BladeConfig array, but pod.hubbe.net puts them in separate arrays, then points the blades to different Preset arrays (which contain the blade styles). Which one is correct?

Update while writing this: I tried putting all the blades in the same array, but I’m getting a cannot convert 'const char*' to 'StyleFactory*' in initialization error for every blade style when compiling.

Edit: I realized that I have to add more StylePtrs to my blades styles so my crystal chamber LEDs can point to something. That fixed my above errors.

Both are possible (at the same time even), but they do different things.
Multiple BladeConfig arrays are used to implement “blade id”, which is when ProffieOS measures the resistance of the blade and uses that to determine which BladeConfig to use. That’s probably not relevant to what you are trying to do though.

The number of blades inside each BladeConfig is controlled by the NUM_BLADES define. So if you change NUM_BLADES to 3, then you will need 3 blades in each BladeConfig, and 3 styles in each preset. These blades/styles will be active at the same time, which is what you need.

This is for when you use BladeID or Blade Detect. Having no blade, or inserting blades with different resistances can trigger different preset arrays to be used.

Oh, I understand! Thank you for the responses, gonna finish up my config and load up my new saber!