Config Help

Good afternoon and Happy Holidays. im doing my very first multi blade config and was just wondering if this blade config looks right. i have 1 main NPXL Blade , 1 20 NPXL accent strip, and 2x 10 NPXL accent strips. Appreciate any help. Thank you.

BladeConfig blades[] = {
 { 0, WS281XBladePtr<144, bladePin, Color8::GRB, PowerPINS<bladePowerPin2, bladePowerPin3> >(),
    WS281XBladePtr<20, blade2Pin, Color8::GRB, PowerPINS<bladePowerPin4, bladePowerPin5> >(),
    WS281XBladePtr<10, blade3Pin, Color8::GRB, PowerPINS<bladePowerPin1> >(),
    WS281XBladePtr<10, blade3Pin, Color8::GRB, PowerPINS<bladePowerPin6> >(), CONFIGARRAY(presets) },
};

#endif

Not quite - you don’t really need two LED pads for just 20 pixels, and you haven’t specified which LED pads to use for the last two blades. Also you’ve specified the same data pin on those blades.

If the last two blades are wired together in parallel, then you only need to specify one blade. If they are wired separately, they each need their own setup.

But assuming you’ve wired them separately, a suitable blade array might be:

BladeConfig blades[] = {
 	WS281XBladePtr<144, bladePin, Color8::GRB, PowerPINS<bladePowerPin2, bladePowerPin3>>(),
 	WS281XBladePtr<20, blade2Pin, Color8::GRB, PowerPINS<bladePowerPin4>>(),
 	WS281XBladePtr<10, blade3Pin, Color8::GRB, PowerPINS<bladePowerPin5>>(),
 	WS281XBladePtr<10, blade4Pin, Color8::GRB, PowerPINS<bladePowerPin6>>(),
CONFIGARRAY(presets) }, 

Hope that helps.
:slight_smile:

I think maybe the forum was hiding some of the code because there was no triple-backtick before/after it. I fixed that, so now everything should show up.

2 Likes

Thank you! I appreciate it, sir!