Config Accent Style Code Help

Hello there,

I had an installer write a style code for an accent light (red jewel on a TFU2). At the moment, he’s away and unreachable. For some reason, he made the light white. I thought i could swap “white” for “red” in the code but it didn’t work. Would someone be able to help me properly replace this code so that it pulses red instead of white? Code:

StylePtr<Layers<Pulsing<Black,RotateColorsX<Variation,Rgb<180,130,0>>,3000>,TransitionEffectL<TrConcat<TrInstant,White,TrFade<400>>,EFFECT_BLAST>,LockupTrL<AudioFlickerL<White>,TrInstant,TrFade<500>,SaberBase::LOCKUP_NORMAL>,LockupTrL<AudioFlickerL<White>,TrInstant,TrFade<500>,SaberBase::LOCKUP_LIGHTNING_BLOCK>,TransitionEffectL<TrConcat<TrInstant,White,TrFade<400>>,EFFECT_CLASH>,TransitionEffectL<TrConcat<TrInstant,BrownNoiseFlickerL<White,Int<100>>,TrFade<1200>>,EFFECT_IGNITION>,InOutTrL<TrInstant,TrInstant,Layers<Black,TransitionEffectL<TrConcat<TrInstant,RotateColorsX<Variation,White>,TrDelay<45000>,RotateColorsX<Variation,White>,TrFade<500>>,EFFECT_RETRACTION>,TransitionEffectL<TrConcat<TrInstant,RotateColorsX<Variation,White>,TrDelay<45000>,RotateColorsX<Variation,White>,TrFade<500>>,EFFECT_NEWFONT>,TransitionEffectL<TrConcat<TrInstant,RotateColorsX<Variation,White>,TrDelay<45000>,RotateColorsX<Variation,White>,TrFade<500>>,EFFECT_BOOT>>>,TransitionEffectL<TrConcat<TrInstant,BrownNoiseFlickerL<RotateColorsX<Variation,Rgb<130,130,180>>,Int<100>>,TrFade<1200>>,EFFECT_RETRACTION>>>()},

Thank you!

Much of that up there doesn’t make sense. What is it you want the LED to actually do? Assuming it’s a pixel LED.

I think you want something like this:

StylePtr<Layers<
  Pulsing<Black,Red,3000>,
  TransitionEffectL<TrConcat<TrInstant,White,TrFade<400>>,EFFECT_BLAST>,
  LockupL<AudioFlickerL<White>,AudioFlickerL<White>,Int<32768>,Int<32768>,Int<32768>>,
  LockupTrL<AudioFlickerL<White>,TrFade<100>,TrFade<100>,SaberBase::LOCKUP_MELT>,
  TransitionEffectL<TrConcat<TrInstant,White,TrFade<400>>,EFFECT_CLASH>,
  TransitionEffectL<TrConcat<TrInstant,BrownNoiseFlickerL<White,Int<100>>,TrFade<1200>>,EFFECT_IGNITION>,
  InOutTrL<TrInstant,TrInstant>,
  TransitionEffectL<TrConcat<TrInstant,Red,TrDelay<450>,Red,TrFade<500>>,EFFECT_RETRACTION>,
TransitionEffectL<TrConcat<TrInstant,Red,TrDelay<450>,Red,TrFade<500>>,EFFECT_NEWFONT>,
TransitionEffectL<TrConcat<TrInstant,Red,TrDelay<450>,Red,TrFade<500>>,EFFECT_BOOT>,
TransitionEffectL<TrConcat<TrInstant,BrownNoiseFlickerL<Rgb<130,130,180>,Int<100>>,TrFade<1200>>,EFFECT_RETRACTION>>>()
1 Like

Thank you! Let me give this a shot and I’ll report back.

And correct, it is a pixel LED.

It worked! Thank you so much Brian!

1 Like

@NoSloppy Hey Brian, you did a pulse code for me above. By chance, could you do one for a solid red. This is what I received for it but it’s for white. Many thanks if you can!

StylePtr<Layers<RotateColorsX<Variation,Rgb<100,100,150>>,TransitionEffectL<TrConcat<TrInstant,White,TrFade<400>>,EFFECT_BLAST>,TransitionEffectL<TrConcat<TrInstant,White,TrFade<400>>,EFFECT_CLASH>,InOutTrL<TrInstant,TrInstant,Layers<Black,TransitionEffectL<TrConcat<TrInstant,RotateColorsX<Variation,White>,TrDelay<30000>,RotateColorsX<Variation,White>,TrFade<500>>,EFFECT_RETRACTION>,TransitionEffectL<TrConcat<TrInstant,RotateColorsX<Variation,White>,TrDelay<30000>,RotateColorsX<Variation,White>,TrFade<500>>,EFFECT_NEWFONT>,TransitionEffectL<TrConcat<TrInstant,RotateColorsX<Variation,White>,TrDelay<30000>,RotateColorsX<Variation,White>,TrFade<500>>,EFFECT_BOOT>>>,TransitionEffectL<TrConcat<TrInstant,BrownNoiseFlickerL<RotateColorsX<Variation,Rgb<130,130,180>>,Int<100>>,TrFade<1200>>,EFFECT_RETRACTION>>>()},

Well what do you want it to do?
The style you just pasted has some nonsensical things as well.
No need to rotate colors if the color is white.
No need to rotate colors if you always want the same color.

It looks like it’s medium brightness white when running, with full White for 400 Ms fade during clash and blast effects, and then when you turn off the blade, it shows a flickering White for 1,200 milliseconds, that fades away leaving just solid white until 30 seconds expires.

It sounds like you want to do all that but just have Red instead as the main color and leave White flashes for the effects, yes?
So,
You can just replace stuff.
The medium brightness bluish whites that use like Rgb<100,100,150> make med brightness Red like Rgb<100,0,0>.

So replace in the base color:
RotateColorsX<Variation,Rgb<100,100,150>>
With Rgb<150,0,0>
You’d replace that whole thing, not just the Rgb color. There’s no need to rotate colors.

Replace
RotateColorsX<Variation,White>
with just Red in the InOutTrL, NEWFONT and BOOT TranistionEffectL layers.

Replace the BrownNoiseFlickerL color
RotateColorsX<Variation,Rgb<130,130,180>>
With just the dimmer red as well,
Rgb<150,0,0>

No I’m not giving you a pre-edited code this time, because this is something you can do!
It’s time to learn how to edit a style because all you’re doing is replacing a few arguments, and should be a good learning experience!
Let’s see how it goes of course and more than happy to help further :wink:
YOU GOT THIS.

@NoSloppy Def up for learning! But actually, I just want it to be a consistent red color and have it not change or do anything during clashes, etc. If it’s possible I’d like to have the red pixel flicker, but no big deal if not. It’s to light up a red jewel/cobachon on the saber.

Lol. Ok.
StylePtr<AudioFlicker<Red,Rgb<128,0,0>>>(}

They’re ya go

@NoSloppy Thank you very much! :slight_smile: