Compiling error - warning: memory region `SRAM2' not declared

Hello. Hoping you can help. Just got a new saber and wanted to tweak some styles. Just connected it and went to compile and am getting this error:

c:/users/rjohn/appdata/local/arduino15/packages/proffieboard/tools/arm-none-eabi-gcc/9-2020-q2-update/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/9.3.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe:C:\Users\rjohn\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\proffieboard\hardware\stm32l4\3.6.0\variants\STM32L433CC-ProffieboardV2/linker_scripts/STM32L433CC_FLASH.ld:224: warning: memory region `SRAM2' not declared
c:/users/rjohn/appdata/local/arduino15/packages/proffieboard/tools/arm-none-eabi-gcc/9-2020-q2-update/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/9.3.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: warning: changing start of section .bss by 8 bytes
c:/users/rjohn/appdata/local/arduino15/packages/proffieboard/tools/arm-none-eabi-gcc/9-2020-q2-update/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/9.3.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: warning: changing start of section .bss by 8 bytes
Sketch uses 193632 bytes (73%) of program storage space. Maximum is 262144 bytes.

Any chance you might know what I could do to properly compile for this one?

thanks!

Bobby

There are no errors here, only warnings, and these particular warnings can be safely ignored. My apologies for the confusion.

Ahh no worries thanks for getting back to me. I was thinking this might have been my issue. So let me describe next steps.
I added a couple files on the sd card and tweaked a blade style on the config. Then uploaded which appeared to work fine. Now when I fire up my saber it’s like there’s only 1 font. I can ignite but can’t go to any other fonts. I have 10 on here.

Here’s my config: scavenger config

Trying to figure out what I might have messed up.
I’m on Arduino 1.8.19
ProffieOS 5.9

Thanks!

1 Like

hI @fearofghsts
welcome and yes this was edited cause I realised you did do that.

My prop only works on 2 buttons for 5.9, I added 1 button support in OS6 :wink:.

Odd. It was working fine with the 10 fonts till I messed with it. If I upgrade to OS6.4 would that solve the issue?

Current version is 6.7 and yes my prop works for 1 button in OS6, jusr be sure to read the Set Up instructions at the top of the .h or here

That was it. Just upgraded to 6.7 and everything seems to be back and working. Thanks!

1 Like

@fearofghsts

your config doesn’t have the common folders you won’t be able to use the edit mode and when you change the fonts you will hear “error in font directory.” I would update the config as per the article shared by @Fett263 above.

have fun.

3 posts were split to a new topic: Compiler warnings