Clarification about Blade ID

Okay, so I used the define to get some values. I didn’t know that was a thing and it made it much easier, thanks. Here’s what I got:
Chassis connected with blade in- 636 when saber is off, 638 when it is ignited
Chassis connected with no blade- 470
Main chassis section removed from hilt- around 418, but some fluctuation.

I put those values into my config (although I don’t currently have an array for chassis out, I just used the other 2), but I noticed something strange. With the blade out and saber off, my NPXL v3 connector flashes green for a moment. It seems to be about as often as it should be checking the ID (not 1000milliseconds, I slowed it down for now). Does this possibly have to do with it enabling power for ID? Any ideas on how I can make it stop flashing?

Actually, I changed it back to 1000 milliseconds. No more flashing… at first. Now its doing it again, more frequently (can be a second apart), but less consistently.

To clarify, before I had #define BLADE_ID_SCAN_MILLIS set to 10000. I tested it roughly with a stopwatch and it seemed to be flashing every 10 seconds.

This is a fairly generic (and somewhat hard to solve) problem with shared power pins.
The problem is that some neopixels will light up more or less immediately when powered on, and the only way to stop them is to send them some data very quickly after powering on.

In most cases, shared power pins still works ok, because we power the two blades which are sharing power pins at the same time.

Blade ID turns out the power pins without turning the blade on, which can trigger these sort of issues. The same kind of thing can happen to your main blade if it has pixels that turn on when powered.

I may be able to fix this, but it’s not trivial, so I’m not going to promise anything.