Chassis building tips please

further development has taken me to new heights :upside_down_face:
i now have a crystal chamber prototype to print and test.
i have again enlarged the wiring space as much as possible and the proffieboard also has more room, mainly so i can get my usb cable in there for config updates etc.
i suppose my next greatest feat will be to add remote usb socket to make it more streamlined.[3d

tried uploading the STL file but for some reason fusion360 did not include the linked componant?

The STL feature is primarily intended for when you want to share the STL anyways. But feel free to use whatever uploads makes most sense. :slight_smile:

it was more to do with fusion not playing ball than the forum, i’m sure if i unlink the component it will become visible.
i wanted to use the stl file as it adds a really nice touch and makes it a bit more interactive for other people to see in more detail the ins and outs, so well done Sir! (great feature)

1 Like

been working hard on my 6th iteration of my chassis design.

i’ve increased the ID of the hilt to allow more wiring room.
it’s not quite as good as say a SHTOKY chassis but i’m only a beginner :joy:

1 Like

well my journey has taken my for a long ride but i think i am getting the bug for this.
the chassis now packs all i want to have in it and i think i’m now finished with the tinkering.
just got to print it out and test to see if all my components fit :crossed_fingers:

you be the judge, i’m happy for any pointer / advice / criticism etc
it all goes in the pot :+1:

1 Like

Looks nice, are you planning to share the designs and/or sell these?

strangely my father seems very keen on me bringing these to market… but i like the idea of a free for all ethos.
to be honest i have not given it much thought as these are quite literally made to my specs for my custom build so not sure if these would suit other hilt designs.
i may look into this at some point soon.

1 Like