Can't turn off swing ignition?

What’s been happening is while I’m walking around with the hilt on my hip, it will activate seemingly at random, so I figured it was probably one of the gesture ignitions. So, I deleted them out of the config (stab, swing, and twist ignitions), but it still ignites on a swing. Haven’t tested twist or stab yet. Are gesture ignitions a part of another define I should be looking at? Or just a part of battle mode now, perhaps?

Post your config, also which OS?
If it’s OS6 with my prop you can just use “Gesture Sleep”, check the controls at the top of the .h file or on this page. Fett263 ProffieOS6 Prop File (Buttons and Controls)

Gesture Sleep is designed specifically for this, it allows you to toggle gesture ignitions on or off for when you’re wearing the hilt on your hip without having to permanently disable :wink:

1 Like

Using OS6. Ah, gesture sleep! I’d forgotten about that feature. I’d much rather do that, then delete defines. I’m not near a computer right now so I can’t post my config, but I know exactly what your talking about. Thank you!

Follow up: gesture sleep works as expected! I’m curious though, how is it that gestures work at all without the defines being included in my config file? (I deleted those lines before you reminded me about gesture sleep, and never put them back in) They must be built in to the OS, I’m assuming? Which begs the question, how many other defines do I not need to include in my config since OS6.7?

They are not built in, I’ll need to see your config.

Here is the top half:

#ifdef CONFIG_TOP
#include "proffieboard_v2_config.h"
#define NUM_BLADES 2
#define NUM_BUTTONS 2
#define VOLUME 1800
const unsigned int maxLedsPerStrip = 144;
#define CLASH_THRESHOLD_G 4.5
#define ENABLE_AUDIO
#define ENABLE_MOTION
#define ENABLE_WS2811
#define ENABLE_SD
#define COLOR_CHANGE_DIRECT
#define DISABLE_DIAGNOSTIC_COMMANDS
#define NO_REPEAT_RANDOM
#define MOTION_TIMEOUT 60 * 15 * 1000
#define IDLE_OFF_TIME 5 * 60 * 1000
#define FETT263_MULTI_PHASE
#define FETT263_EDIT_MODE_MENU
#define ENABLE_ALL_EDIT_OPTIONS
#define KEEP_SAVEFILES_WHEN_PROGRAMMING
#define FETT263_CLASH_STRENGTH_SOUND
#define FETT263_DUAL_MODE_SOUND
#define DISABLE_BASIC_PARSER_STYLES
#define FETT263_MAX_CLASH 16
#define FETT263_BM_CLASH_DETECT 7
#define FETT263_SAY_BATTERY_PERCENT
#define FETT263_SAY_COLOR_LIST
#define FETT263_SAY_COLOR_LIST_CC
//#define FETT263_SAVE_CHOREOGRAPHY
#endif

#define KEEP_SAVEFILES_WHEN_PROGRAMMING

This is going to hold your previous gesture settings. So you’ll need to use Edit Control settings or remove gestures.ini from your SD.

ok, now I understand. Thank you for your help!