Cant get blade to light up?

Hi there,
I’ve completed a build but when i go to connect a neopixel blade, it doesn’t light up, it’s not the blade, it works fine on my other test saber, everything is working correctly, sound, the hilt side leds light up, i did wire the data1 wire to the d pad with the resistor off to the side.
Maybe the pogo pins not connecting properly?
Anything i can try to fix this?
Thanks
Teihi

Do you have any spare pixels around? I’d test data1 with some temporary wiring.
If it’s working, test the center pogo pin at the emitter with a multimeter. Probes on data pogo and GND or Batt(-), and set multimeter to AC voltage. You should see fluctuation back and forth when the blade should be on and data is transmitting.

Hi NoSloppy, luckily i do have some pixel strips and accents, I’ll give it a try, excellent advice

NoSloppy, the leds on the pogo are lighting up in time and color and showing preon effects, doesn’t this mean data is being transmitted?

Depends on how the pogo pins are wired.
Are they on the same data line, or a separate data line?

Sorry, I dont know, i just soldered the data1 line to the middle pin.
When i connect a working blade it gives a dim almost unstable red color up the blade
Ah I’m about to give up🤯

What kind of pogo pin board do you have?
Did you solder data2 to it?
Is there a resistor you need to remove?

I forgot to mention data1 pad isnt working so im using pad 3, you showed me how to change the config to data3pin.
Im using a resistor on the data line.
Im not familiar with the pogo theres a pad with a letter d and on the other side a small resistor, another pad says px-sa, then theres the + and - pads

Well it’s hard to know if it’s wired right if you don’t know what kind of pogo pin pcb it is…
Where did you get it? Did it come with instructions? Maybe take a picture so that people here can help you identify it?

Most importantly, does it have two resistors? If so, maybe one should be removed…

I got it off a website that sells cheap pcb $10 it came already wired, yes i will remove the resistor and see what happens