Can someone explain this config for me?

Specifically, for the saber in question, with a single blade, emitter LED PCB and no accent LEDs, why is it saying

#define NUM_BLADES 2

And

BladeConfig blades[] = {
{ 0, WS281XBladePtr<144, bladePin, Color8::GRB, PowerPINS<bladePowerPin2, bladePowerPin3> >(),
WS281XBladePtr<144, blade2Pin, Color8::GRB, PowerPINS<bladePowerPin4, bladePowerPin5> >(), CONFIGARRAY(presets) },
};
#endif

I didn’t build this one and have no idea how it is wired, but it doesn’t seem like the emitter LEDs are set up to be run independent from the main blade.

It’s an 89Sabers Skinnyflex with their new universal chassis system.

Unfortunately, I can’t explain how someone else wired something. I doubt you have 144 pixels in your chassis though. You’ll have to ask whoever installed the saber to clarify unless you’re able to back track the wires to the board and count the pixels in the chassis.

If you want to figure out which blade is which you can just do a simple preset like so.

{ "font;common", "font/tracks/track.wav",
StylePtr<Red>(),
StylePtr<Blue>(),
"Test"
},

The first blade will be red, the second will be blue.

But only the person who installed it can tell you what they did and why.

2 Likes

Someone was lazy and just duplicated all the main blade styles and BladeConfig for your emitter LED “blade”.
I would count the second blade LEDs by eye and then edit to the right number. Then, use something better for the emitter styles, which you can build an Accent LED style for OS5.9 here:

or use some of these maybe:

1 Like

Thank you both for the responses. Ok, so yeah it’s kinda what I figured. It’s a generic config for all the 89 sabers they sell. They all use the new 89Sabers core, so it looks like it’s just set up for compatibility.