BT comms wiring on the V3 Config generator

I was helping a new builder with their wiring, and we came across an irregularity on the ProffieBoard V3 Configuration Generator page (Proffieboard V3). When I select a BT board, it shows TX on the BT going to TX on the board (and RX to RX). It should be TX → RX, correct? The V2 manual shows TX → RX. Unless this has changed…

1 Like

Thanks for pointing this out.
Hopefully it should be fixed now.

1 Like

Looks good. Thanks, Prof!

Prof, can I suggest updating this with a capacitor/led pad option? That’s how I always wire up BT on my hilts.

Side question, has it changed? I haven’t used my new 3.x boards yet and wasn’t sure if the pads for that method have changed or are obsolete.

There’s a dedicated set of pads for a 0603 SMD cap on the SD side of the board.

1 Like

I see the pad, but is it just slap a cap on the pad and use the 3.3v and a negative led pad? or am i using something other than the 3.3v (which makes a lot more sense to me). If there’s a resource I’m missing here that would tell me this, I’d love to see it.

I’ve been putting off doing this because I really need to write some code that can turn off the SD_VDD pad, and then control the SD card AND then bluetooth from there.

1 Like