Bootloader mode not working

When I was using Zadig (yes I know its outdated but I didn’t know that then) the only way to get the board to communicate with the PC was to reinstall two drivers, one for the serial device and one for a ‘hidden’ parent device. Once I did that, it worked fine for a bit but now makes no sound when plugged in, bootloader mode does not work and I’m getting absolutely no signs of live. Not even the PC port detects anything.

This may be bad, or it could just be a bad cable.
Is the saber/board generally working otherwise?
Were you doing anything when it stopped working, or is it more like it stopped working while the saber was sitting on a shelf?

It stopped working while it was stored, so I don’t know exactly when it stopped. The board was making a sound when plugged in before that, and now nothing is happening. I have switched cables and know that is not the source of the problem.

There is no sign of life at all from the board. I think it may be a good idea to contact the seller as it seemed far harder to even get talking with the arduino software.

Have you tried charging the battery?

Got a new one from the seller and it worked for a bit, but now having the same issue. I had to interrupt the upload to the board and now it presents the same symptoms as before. Would interrupting this upload have anything to do with the board going dark?

Just to clarify, I have:
Taken the battery out and plugged in the board
Pressed the BOOT and then RESET buttons while plugged into the laptop
Tried to upload to the board after doing so
Plugged the battery back in
Charged the device
Checked to see if the USB does do data transfer (it does)
Switched adapters as I am using a mac with USB-C ports

Despite all this I still have nothing. This time I did not format the bootloader drivers and the same thing happens anyway. Any more ideas?

Interrupting the upload will leave it in a bad state, here is how you recover:

Lifesaver! That’s worked