Boot/font behaviour for accent LED

I have a style (for example as below), and I’d like to be able to have it so that the LED stays a solid colour for few seconds after font change/boot/ignition (for example). Is this possible?

StylePtr<Layers<Blinking<Red,Black,300,100>,TransitionEffectL<TrConcat<TrInstant,White,TrFade<400>>,EFFECT_BLAST>,LockupTrL<AudioFlickerL<White>,TrInstant,TrFade<500>,SaberBase::LOCKUP_NORMAL>,LockupTrL<AudioFlickerL<White>,TrInstant,TrFade<500>,SaberBase::LOCKUP_LIGHTNING_BLOCK>,TransitionEffectL<TrConcat<TrInstant,White,TrFade<400>>,EFFECT_CLASH>,InOutTrL<TrInstant,TrInstant,Blinking<Red,Black,600,600>>>>(), "highrepublic"},

Also, is there a way in the style to reduce the brightness of the LED for the whole sequence?

Just build TransitionEffect(s) for each; EFFECT_BOOT, EFFECT_NEWFONT, EFFECT_IGNITION. Just note BOOT and NEWFONT need to be after your InOutTrL if you use or they’ll be masked.

Thanks I’ll give it a go and see how it works out. the style editor needs a mode for accents if it doesn’t have one. :stuck_out_tongue:

Reduce the brightness the easy way would be to just put an AlphaL of Black at desired transparency (16384 for 50% for example) on top of all layers (at the end of the style)

You can also use DimBlade() to dim the blade if you want it to be dimmer all the time.

How do you set the time length for the effect to last? I have this code so far…

TransitionEffectL<TrConcat<TrWipe<50>,Red,TrWipe<50>>,EFFECT_BOOT>,

Try Instantly showing Red, then Delaying for 2-3 seconds :wink:

Would the delay be the second TrWipe?

Try it!

oh…adding 2 dashes made that bold…

So according to the style editor, it caused a wipe across the blade with that delay.Not sure how that will look on a single LED :confused:

huh?
Post the style

StylePtr<Layers<
  Layers<
    Layers<
      Red,
      BlinkingL<Black,Int<200>,Int<200>>>,
    TransitionEffectL<TrConcat<TrInstant,White,TrFade<400>>,EFFECT_BLAST>,
    LockupTrL<AudioFlickerL<White>,TrInstant,TrFade<500>,SaberBase::LOCKUP_NORMAL>,
    LockupTrL<AudioFlickerL<White>,TrInstant,TrFade<500>,SaberBase::LOCKUP_LIGHTNING_BLOCK>,
    TransitionEffectL<TrConcat<TrInstant,White,TrFade<400>>,EFFECT_CLASH>,
    InOutTrL<TrInstant,TrInstant,Blinking<Red,Black,600,600>>>,
    TransitionEffectL<TrConcat<TrWipe<0>,Red,TrWipe<5000>>,EFFECT_BOOT>,
    TransitionEffectL<TrConcat<TrWipe<0>,Red,TrWipe<5000>>,EFFECT_NEWFONT>,
    TransitionEffectL<TrConcat<TrWipe<0>,Red,TrWipe<5000>>,EFFECT_IGNITION>,
  AlphaL<Black,Int<16000>>>>()

Yeah because it’s still a wipe
Use TrInstant and TrDelay instead of the wipes.
Guess you didn’t get my hint above ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

No I’m still in the learning phase.

Booyah. Thank you! https://www.instagram.com/p/CRXXxDsDwyy/

EDIT: turns out you can’t embed Instagram yet…