Bluetooth Config and Wiring

Question: do you have to do anything different in the config if you wire a bluetooth using an LED pad and 3.3V instead of Batt - and SD Power? thanks.

Yes, you’ll need to add an additional blade for the BLE and corresponding bladestyles to control the module.

1 Like

thank you! I was worried I had gotten the wiring wrong.
I don’t know how to create a blade config or blade style for a Bluetooth module–there is no data pin–or does it use the Tx or Rx? Or would it be enough to add the LED used for the BT module to the list of LEDs powering an accent pixel? What kind of blade style would it need?

Is there documentation for this? I could not find any…

I believe you’re overthinking it.

Data pins are used for WS281X-type blades, other types of blades like a SimpleBladePtr don’t use them, because they don’t need them. All a SimpleBladePtr does is turn the LED pad on and off (and/or use PWM to give the illusion of dimming)

This is the key.

ProffieOS handles the communication via UART when you setup the bluetooth defines, the blade’s function is purely to provide power to the module… or not.

I think the easiest would be to simply use

SimpleBladePtr<CreeXPE2White, NoLED, NoLED, NoLED, bladePowerPinX, -1, -1, -1>()

if I recall the syntax correctly

and then whenever you want the BLE module on, use White, whenever you want it off, use Black, it’s that simple.

You could even make this fancy and activate the BLE module at certain times, but easiest would be to just have StylePtr<White>() in your presets.

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like