Bluetooth BT630 making me nuts

You need to update the BT630 firmware to fix it. All BT630 modules, sold before, have a bad firmware. Contact me and I will explain how to do it.

Only recently Feasycom was able to fix the issue and released the new BT630 firmware 2.0.3, new BT630 modules sold on TCSS and SaberBay will no longer have this issue. But keep in mind that these are special modules that come from Feasycom for specific distributors and me, preprogrammed for use in lightsabers after my request, so if you buy them from other places (aliexpress, amazon, other Etsy stores or directly from Feasycom) they may be different and not preprogrammed for use in lightsabers.

ok good info, but we DID flash both of these yesterday with the 2.0.3 firmware that you gave me. The issue seems to be a combo of OS version and/or board version at the moment. Frantically uploading all combos to try and narrow it down.

If I had a known “bad” commit, but at the moment the 2.2 board and the BT module work fine now on 6.x.
Still working on getting 6.x to talk to this BT on the new 3.7 board. No luck so far and in trying to flash older OS’s, it is not a happy camper.

Didn’t you say earlier that it wasn’t working on a PB2.2 with OS6.x?
Was it the firmware update that fixed it?

Older OSs will not work on a V3 board.

No, the BT Module firmware flash was done yesterday, but I’m not so sure it was an update or just lateral move. It seemed to make no difference as the behavior was the same; OS6.x on 2.2 board, module was showing up as pairable, but would not talk. WebUSB/BLE would hang at loading presets and tracks, and Forcesync app would popup a Communication Lost error.

Then, reverting that 2.2 Proffieboard to OS4.9, it all worked perfectly.
I then incrementally flashed up to 6.x to see if it failed at any point, but it never did, and now it’s fine.

Since then , things have gone downhill with the PB3.7.
On this topic (BT), currently the module does not even show up on any device I’m playing with; iOS, Android or MacOS, when earlier it behaved the same as the other one on the 2.2board…would show up and pair but just not talk TX RX.
At the moment I can not even reflash the BT as even the nRF Connect app doesn’t see it.
The only action taken was flashing the PB3.7 with an older OS ( I tried 4.9 since that seemed to magically do something to the other board)

…on a different note, I’m getting funky audio behavior with the default_proffieboard_config loaded with OS6.x on the new 3.7 board. I will put that in the beta test thread.

Ok BT module is back. Actually flashed 4.9 just to see, then it showed up… Not talking, but appears as a device to scans.
Back to OS6.x now and same. visible but no talking.
So…@profezzorn, is there something we can sniff traffic with or some printouts to help figure out why this is stalling ?

If you have diagnostic commands on, there is a “monitor serial” command that might help.
All serial communication gets shown in the serial monitor when you use that.

Yeah unfortunately, it seems it doesn’t say anything until it gets to a connection point we’re not reaching.
Verified it works on the 2.2board fine.
Shows HEX command TX RX.

Hopefully I will have time to test serial properly a V3 board this weekend.

Would there be any use to hook up TTL → USB or monitor something else to troubleshoot this? It seems like RX TX just isn’t doing it’s thing for some reason just not sure how to sniff it out.

Yep, a TTL->USB adapter is exactly what I plan to use to test things.
My breakout board also have some leds that should blink a little if RX/TX is actually doing something.

Ok, there was a bunch of software problems with serial on V3 boards, but they should hopefully all be fixed now. I released a new version of the beta plugin with the fixes: v3.2

1 Like

Woking 100% now . Nice! Thank you.

1 Like

Latest BT630 module firmware 2.0.3 fixes a few issues:

• PIN code requested upon pairing by default
  • leds indication fixed
  • connection drop after 30 seconds fixed

Older BT630 modules had these issues:

• leds indication didn’t work
  • connection was dropping after 30 seconds automatically

I’ve got an old 630 I was going to use on my v3 test build. Where do I find the new firmware and the update process ?

I can hook you up, unless @ShtokyD prefers to personally distribute the .zip file?

1 Like

I’m needing this firmware update. Is there anyone who could email it to me?
saberguy73@gmail.com

Thank you!!

Thank you sir

BT630 module firmware 2.0.3 Please And Thank You as I’m experiencing the same issues with mine from aliexpress sagiard@yahoo.com