I have a custom NN-14 blaster with a Proffieboard and I’m looking for someone who can help me modify it so it can switch between blaster and lightsaber modes. I paid a builder who said he could do this, but after some back and forth and 4 month later, he ultimately told me he doesn’t have time to finish. So, I’m out the money and still hoping to get this done. I’m really looking for someone experienced with Proffieboards who might be interested in taking this on. And I’m absolutely willing to pay for the work.
That seems like a ProffieOS “software issue” only. ProffieOS already has a prop file (dual_prop.h) that can switch between a blaster and saber:
ProffieOS Documentation: Using dual_prop.h
I have experimented with it quite a bit. I am willing to help, no need for payment, but you will need to do some reading and do the programming.
If your problem is to physically convert a blaster to a saber (making hardware modification), then I can’t help.
Given it’s already installed, he probably can’t use blade detect to switch between props. So, is this doable with manual blade array?
Blade detect doesn’t require a latching switch to work anymore. You can use Blade ID constant monitoring
You could also just simply change blade arrays manually. The prop files (BC, Sabersense, and I think Fett263 as well) have some manual “Next Blade Array” button press.