Blade detect question with my new saber

Hello everyone, I’m building my new sword, is it possible to have blade detect with this configuration? Is the schematic I created correct?
Thank you

Unfortunately I don’t think this will work for true blade detect. The reason being that you need an extra data line running to a special floating pin on the neopixel connector which Eco blade connectors don’t have.

However you should be able to make BladeID work if you add a suitable resistor between data and negative in your blade.

Starting at page 21, this manual should help: ProffieBoard_v2_User_Manual_07.pdf - Google Drive

But to do as you say, do I have to remove a button? alternatively I also have this pcb with blade, could this work?

Yes, that connector would work as it has the dedicated Blade Detect (BD) pin. And yes, if you went down to single switch operation, that would free up one line on the mid-chassis Shtok connector that you could use for the extra data line.

With no blade fitted, that BD pin doesn’t connect to anything, but when you fit a blade the middle ring on the blade shorts that BD pin to the rest of the blade negative pins and that’s what tells the Proffieboard that a blade has been fitted.

Note that the labelling might be misleading. The BD pin is the one circled in green, not crossed in red…

Screenshot 2023-03-28 at 15.55.15

1 Like

ok perfect, i’ll try to do this.
For the software part, what should I insert in the string of this code :

};
BladeConfig blades[] = {
 { 0, WS281XBladePtr<144, bladePin, Color8::GRB, PowerPINS<bladePowerPin2, bladePowerPin3> >(), CONFIGARRAY(presets) },
};
#endif

Just to complicate things :crazy_face: You could do this with no modifications to hardware by using BladeID instead of detect, and use
#define BLADE_ID_CLASS SnapshotBladeID<bladeIdentifyPin>

1 Like

I have to say that I haven’t been able to make my ECO PCB equipped saber to work with BladeID. I get a constant 12k Ohms resitance.

In the end I decided to mount it as instructed, with the two buttons and then as soon as Proffie 7.0 is officially released, I’ll try to figure out how to do it.
Thanks to everyone for the precious advices. :grinning: