Arduino unable to locate config file

Hello,

I’m currently in the process of setting up my Profile board, and I’ve been following various YouTube tutorials to walk me through it. I’ve come to a bit of a hiccup when trying to check my config file with the ProffieOS.ino sketch, where when I try to verify not just my config file but any of them that exist within the “config” folder in the “ProffieOS” folder, I receive this error:

Arduino: 1.8.19 (Mac OS X), Board: “Proffieboard V2, Serial, SDCARD (SPI), 80 MHz, Smallest Code”

fork/exec /Users/(my username)/Library/Arduino15/packages/proffieboard/tools/arm-none-eabi-gcc/9-2020-q2-update/bin/arm-none-eabi-g++: no such file or directory
Error compiling for board Proffieboard V2.

I have the most recent version of the Profile plugin installed in Arduino and the ProffieOS folder I downloaded from fredrik.hubbe.net is located on my desktop. Do I need to relocate the file for the program to find the config file, and if so where do I move it? Here’s a screenshot of what Arduino looks like before I verify if that helps, but as I said, it not only can’t locate my config file, but all the others within the config folder as well. I don’t know if it affects anything, but I’ve also had my SD card connected to my laptop both with a card reader as well as plugged into my board in my chassis and connected via cable to the laptop. I’d really appreciate it if anyone could help me with this as I’ve been struggling to figure it out for the last hour or so. Thanks.

If it couldn’t find your config file, it would say the file name of the config file in the error.
It’s not complaining about a config, but a plugin file can’t be accessed.
Try removing and reinstalling the plugin.
If this doesn’t work, you might need a deeper uninstall, but usually this fixes that error.

1 Like

Totally worked. I initially thought it was an issue with the plugin installation and reinstalled, but for some reason that didn’t do the trick the first time around. Got it this time. Thanks for your help!

2 Likes