Arduino-Proffieboard Plugin v3.6 beta

What is this step a and where did it come from?
(Maybe that is the problem?)

I know in the past, there has been issues with having spaces in directories.

Maybe call this arduino-1.8.19-proffieos-6.5 and see if that works?

Although neither of these things were present when you got this error before…

Next step is to delete the whole arduino15 directory and see if that helps I guess.

I wound up retrying with an older version (1.8.6) of arduino I had installed, which does not have the portable directory. (The reason for the portable directory is to have a build which is not dependent on the machine you are on. It can run from a USB stick, for example. I’ve had issues in the past with other libraries interfering, so like to keep things separated per project I’m working on).

In any event, doing the exact same steps in the non-portable version actually worked. So there is indeed something up with the portable version. Not sure what, but at least I have something that works.

It seems to me that it ought to work with or without the portable directory, and if it doesn’t, then that’s a bug in Arduino somewhere.

However, now that I know what’s causing it, I can try it out and see if I get the same problem, and maybe I can figure out a workaround of some sort.

I’m following these instructions: Fett263 ProffieOS6 Edit Mode
These are my error messages here: Arduino: 1.8.16 (Windows 10), Board: “Proffieboard V2, Serial + Mass Storage + WebUSB, SDCARD (SPI), 80 MHz, Smallest Code”

In file included from c:\users\visitor.desktop-31bsee4\appdata\local\arduino15\packages\proffieboard_beta\tools\arm-none-eabi-gcc\9-2020-q2-update\arm-none-eabi\include\c++\9.3.1\bits\ios_base.h:46,

from c:\users\visitor.desktop-31bsee4\appdata\local\arduino15\packages\proffieboard_beta\tools\arm-none-eabi-gcc\9-2020-q2-update\arm-none-eabi\include\c++\9.3.1\ios:42,

from c:\users\visitor.desktop-31bsee4\appdata\local\arduino15\packages\proffieboard_beta\tools\arm-none-eabi-gcc\9-2020-q2-update\arm-none-eabi\include\c++\9.3.1\istream:38,

from c:\users\visitor.desktop-31bsee4\appdata\local\arduino15\packages\proffieboard_beta\tools\arm-none-eabi-gcc\9-2020-q2-update\arm-none-eabi\include\c++\9.3.1\sstream:38,

from c:\users\visitor.desktop-31bsee4\appdata\local\arduino15\packages\proffieboard_beta\tools\arm-none-eabi-gcc\9-2020-q2-update\arm-none-eabi\include\c++\9.3.1\complex:45,

from C:\Users\Visitor.DESKTOP-31BSEE4\Desktop\ProffieOS\sound\filter.h:3,

from C:\Users\Visitor.DESKTOP-31BSEE4\Desktop\ProffieOS\sound\dac.h:4,

from C:\Users\Visitor.DESKTOP-31BSEE4\Desktop\ProffieOS\sound\sound.h:12,

from C:\Users\Visitor.DESKTOP-31BSEE4\Desktop\ProffieOS\ProffieOS.ino:395:

c:\users\visitor.desktop-31bsee4\appdata\local\arduino15\packages\proffieboard_beta\tools\arm-none-eabi-gcc\9-2020-q2-update\arm-none-eabi\include\c++\9.3.1\system_error:39:10: fatal error: bits/error_constants.h: No such file or directory

39 | #include <bits/error_constants.h>

|          ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

compilation terminated.

exit status 1

Error compiling for board Proffieboard V2.

This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
option enabled in File -> Preferences.

And this is my config file:

Ah, that page was from Beta testing (I just updated the info, although the file should have still worked).

At any rate, refresh the Edit Mode page or follow these instructions:

Oh. Thanks for your time! Also, one last question. Where do I put those 3 defines? Thanks!

Okay, I’m using that URL on there, but it just shows up as Proffieboard in Arduino instead of Proffieboard Experimental. Is there a different one I need? Thanks!

Yes, Proffieboard is what you want it should be v3.6 or you click update.

Oh. Thanks! It’s just that edit mode won’t work. Do I need to put those defines in Arduino and where do I put them? Thanks for your time and patience!

All defines go in your config.h file.

1 Like

Oh, thanks! So I can put them anywhere or do they have to be in a certain spot?

1 Like

With all other defines in CONFIG_TOP

1 Like

Ok. Thanks so much for your time and patience! Really, I’m sorry about my incredible ignorance.

1 Like

Ah. Sorry to bother you again, but now Edit Mode will not work on my lightsaber. I have done everything and put in those defines but it isn’t working. Is there something I am missing? Thanks!

Did you read and follow ALL of the instructions for set up?

And my prop

Yes. The only thing I noticed is that when I installed the Proffieboard Plugin on Arduino is that it showed up as Proffieboard instead of Proffieboard Experimental, so I am not sure what is going wrong. I get no error messages, just Edit Mode won’t work when I hold PWR.

This isn’t the right thread, post your config in this thread.

Whatever issue you have isn’t the plugin, experimental was the beta.

Alright. Thanks for your patience, I am really sorry.

1 Like