Arduino-Proffieboard Plugin v3.6 beta

I noticed that switching from v3 to v2, the DOSFS follows and selects the correct SDI, (basically because it’s the only option.)
Could there be a default set for v3 selection automatically setting DOSFS to SDIO High Speed?
Would there be any reason to ever choose SDI even?

I might just remove the SPI option for V3 boards since it doesn’t really make sense.
(Although, technically you can have an external SPI sd card, but why would you?)
I’m not sure what arduino will do though, it might just mark none of them as selected when that happens. Either way, I need to experiment a bit with that and see if I can make it better.

Yeah, I just thought one more “fool proof” thing to prevent the wrong choice might be a good thing. The warning error in Arduino works well enough though really. I’ve had it happen and it prevented uploading with SDI selected.

1 Like

Yep, I almost forgot that toi, upon my first upload. 3.3 worked well for me yesterday through 3 flashes. Ill have more today, as a rewrite config to test data3 and data4.

1 Like

I have updated the arduino-proffieboard beta to version 3.6.
The reason for this is that I found some memory in the V1/V2 board configurations that had been reserved for things that we generally don’t use. By reclaiming that memory, V1/V2 boards gets an additional 16k FLASH and 8k RAM. This allows for more and bigger styles, which doesn’t hurt, right?

See the top post for instructions.

5 Likes

Chose “Update”
Downloaded board definitions ok, but then at the Verifying step, I got
CRC doesn't match, file is corrupted. It may be a temporary problem, please try later.

Removed 3.4.0.
Then “Install” 3.6.0
Same error.

Not sure what happened, but I appear to have messed up the checksums somehow. Should be fixed now, but you may need to go delete the package_proffieboard_beta_index.json file from .arduino15 and .arduino15/cache

2 Likes

I was able to update from 3.4.0 without having to delete anything.
v2 config went from 98% down to 92%.

testbed plugin 3.4.0
Sketch uses 234592 bytes (95%) of program storage space. Maximum is 245760 bytes.

testbed plugin 3.6.0
Sketch uses 234736 bytes (89%) of program storage space. Maximum is 262144 bytes.
:+1: :+1:

3 Likes

So the previous 98% was with edit mode enabled. Had to remove a few presets to get there. Just re-added all the previously removed presets.

Sketch uses 260392 bytes (99%) of program storage space. Maximum is 262144 bytes.

1 Like

The plugin saves a bit of memory I was able to add 3 more presets to the config. Thanks @profezzorn.

This is excellent and is giving me back 5% or more on some OS 5.9 uplaods. Thanks!

1 Like

On OS 6 it’s very effective in saving memory.

Version 3.6 is now the mainline version of the Arduino-proffieboard plugin.

1 Like

Hey Profezzorn, so if we add this additional board manager you would get 3.6

https://profezzorn.github.io/arduino-proffieboard/package_proffieboard_index.json

or do we still use the beta version.

You do not have to use the beta version anymore.

keep getting this on upload

sketch\common/common.h:9:24: error: missing binary operator before token “(”

#if __has_cpp_attribute(no_unique_address)

It seems ProffieOS 6.x isn’t compatible with version 1.x.x of the arduino-proffieboard plugin.
You should probably upgrade your arduino-proffieboard plugin.

I just upgraded to version 3.6.0 of the arduino-proffieboard plugin, and I ran into two “issues”. First, a test compile threw an error because of a trailing mismatched #endif at the end of Fett263’s button config. I went over the file and indeed did not find a starting #if statement, so hopefully deleting the trailing #endif doesn’t break anything.

And second, after doing that, I got this message when compiling again:

~/Library/Arduino15/packages/proffieboard/tools/arm-none-eabi-gcc/9-2020-q2-update/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/9.3.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld:/Users/Macton/Library/Arduino15/packages/proffieboard/hardware/stm32l4/3.6.0/variants/STM32L433CC-ProffieboardV2/linker_scripts/STM32L433CC_FLASH.ld:224: warning: memory region `SRAM2' not declared
~/Library/Arduino15/packages/proffieboard/tools/arm-none-eabi-gcc/9-2020-q2-update/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/9.3.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld: warning: changing start of section .bss by 8 bytes
~/Library/Arduino15/packages/proffieboard/tools/arm-none-eabi-gcc/9-2020-q2-update/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/9.3.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld: warning: changing start of section .bss by 8 bytes
Sketch uses 173560 bytes (66%) of program storage space. Maximum is 262144 bytes.

It compiled, but it wasn’t happy about it. Do I need to be concerned about it?

The warnings are not a reason for concern. They are just annoying.
The missing #endif seems odd though, what version of ProffieOS are you using, and does it have any modifications in it?