Add gestures to sa22c simplified 😁

Hello there fellow saber enthusiasts :wave:t4: I just wanted to add a simplified short tutorial on how to get sa22c gestures on to your proffieboard and how to set it up :film_strip: because I did not grasp it fully when in tried it :roll_eyes: :unamused: so if you have the same troubles I had here is a really simplified explanation :blush:

Download the file in

Then head to ProffieOs folder :open_file_folder: then the Props folder :open_file_folder: replace the sa22c folder with the one you downloaded

then go to your config folder :open_file_folder: go to your config file :memo: paste in this text and modify it how ever you want that fits your needs

#ifdef CONFIG_TOP
#include "proffieboard_v2_config.h"
#define NUM_BLADES 1
#define NUM_BUTTONS 1
#define VOLUME 1550
const unsigned int maxLedsPerStrip = 144;
#define CLASH_THRESHOLD_G 3.0
#define ENABLE_AUDIO
#define ENABLE_MOTION
#define ENABLE_WS2811
#define ENABLE_SD
#define ENABLE_SERIAL
#define COLOR_CHANGE_DIRECT
#define DISABLE_DIAGNOSTIC_COMMANDS
#define SA22C_STAB_ON
#define SA22C_THRUST_ON
#define SA22C_SWING_ON
#define Sa22C_SWING_ON_SPEED 250
#define SA22C_TWIST_ON
#define SA22C_TWIST_OFF
#define IDLE_OFF_TIME 60*5*1000
#define SAVE_STATE
#endif

Swing speed number can be modified or just delete that #define and ad the #define ON you like save changes you made to your config
:memo: then upload it with adurino :arrow_heading_up:

Easy Peasy Lemmon Squeezy

Have fun with your saber :blush:

1 Like

If you edit your post so that

only the text from the config file is inside the 3 backticks, 

and you have the backticks on their own lines, your comments will show up correctly.

Yes, I’m using a screenshot for demonstration purposes only.

Done :slight_smile: and done hehe

Better, right? Nice.

2 Likes

Many thanks for writing this. I only ran into one issue that was not covered here. In my config file, I already had a different include for a different button’s file. I had to of course comment out the old file in the CONFIG_PROP section and add the new file in that same section.

It might be worth adding this to your directions so that if others come looking like I did, they would know to do this as well.

Again, thank you…

1 Like

Agreed, the example of the CONFIG_TOP section should also show the CONFIG_PROP part where the prop file you want to include is set.
@RORWessels
For convenience of switching props easily in the future, commenting out the lines and adding new ones is fine. I do it all the time.
I just wanted to clarify it’s perfectly fine to just edit the file name in place.
Additionally, it’s on page 27 of the manual:

1 Like