5mm Pixel switch check

In an attempt at being the worlds coolest uncle I bought these gorgeous swtiches 5mm pixel switches

No data out so series wiring is a no go. Hilt space is ultra tight so I’m trying to trim the wiring.

With this blade config:

BladeConfig blades[] = {
 { 0, SubBlade(0, 107, WS281XBladePtr<216, bladePin, Color8::GRB, PowerPINS<bladePowerPin2, bladePowerPin3> >()),
    SubBladeReverse(107, 215, NULL),
    WS281XBladePtr<1, blade2Pin, Color8::GRB, PowerPINS<bladePowerPin4, bladePowerPin5> >()
  , CONFIGARRAY(presets) },
};
#endif

Can both accent LEDs be wired in parallel: single 330/470 ohm resistor on both data lines to Data2, both negatives to LED 4/5, both positives to BATT+?

I appreciate the check because I am out of money for this project and do not want to fry a $35 switch.

Yes.
Obviously you won’t be able to control them individually that way though.

1 Like

Thanks. Yeah that’s the decision. More wires, or less control.

I don’t suppose the buttons have a “data out” wire?
If so, you could hook up one to the other and have tbe best of both worlds.

Unfortunately they only have data in, no data out. I’ve purchased bespokey switches before and they had both lines, and in my hubris I assumed these would too. But nope. They also cannot be modified due to the resin locking the wires in place.

They do look great and have a nice click.

1 Like

To conclude here I went with the parallel wiring. Works perfectly, looks cool, and the switches are insanely bright… brighter than the blade.