Single Accent LED Style Issue

Finally getting around to trying this out properly.
The good news is that the problem shows up for me too.
Now I just have to figure out why… (and fix it…)

found it, fixed it…

If you have a moment, try the v6.6 zip here:

YAYYY!!! That fixed it. I had no doubt it would as soon as you said you drilled down on the issue.

Thanks SO much for your help! If you have a sec, I’d love to know what the issue was and how you discovered it… even if the explanation goes way over my head :sweat_smile:

It’s not that complicated.
LED control (simple blades) uses PWM to turn the FETs on and off quickly.
PWM signals are generated by timers inside the CPU.
Each timer controls one or more PWM signal, and I have a function that keeps track of how many PWM signals using each timer, so that I can turn on the timer when needed and turn it off when it’s not used any more.

However, in order to be able to use multiple FETs together to drive one more powerful thing, the timers must be synchronized. The code does this by choosing one timer to be the Keeper of Time, and all the other ones are synchronized to that one. When the code activates a timer that isn’t the Keeper of Time, it also activates the Keeper of Time. When this happens, we also keep track of this to make sure the Keeper of Time doesn’t get turned off until it’s not needed anymore.

When I added support for the V3 board in ProffieOS, I changed which timer is the Keeper of Time. However, I did it wrong, so that when activating the Keeper of Time, I did the new one, but when deactivating it, it used the old one, which basically means that timers gets turned off when they are still supposed to be on.

1 Like

I think I kinda sorta get it. Any idea why bumping the crystal out and in made it work?

I think the off-by-ones added up and made it work.

2 Likes