Saber stopped uploading during upload

so i found the mistake that i preciously posted about. i had arduito check everything and it was ready to go. so i hit upload. which went smooth and it started uploading or maybe it just wasnt done yet cuz there was a little bar on the bottom that was about to 75/80 percent and i heard a beep on my computer almost like the cord disconnected which it didnt and now when i hook up to computer it doesnt do anything nor does the saber. not even a single sound. it doesnt show up on my devices either. i didnt touch it when it was uploading whatsoever so i have literally NO idea what the hell just happened…

• I was watching Fett’s how to videos and noticed he had sad that occasionally during the upload sometimes something like the computer will do something to cause the upload to stop it in the middle of it. He also said not to unplug it and hold boot and tap reset quick. My smart self had unplugged it before seeing his video and now im stuck…
    I’m just going to use the “this is my first time doing this” excuse lol
  1. Plug board in to computer
  2. hold BOOT
  3. press and release RESET
  4. check that board shows up as “STM32 BOOTLOADER” on the computer. (If not, go back to step 1)
  5. press upload in Arduino (don’t worry about the port)
  6. assuming upload works fine, board should be fully functional again

Man I hope you’re right I’m pretty excited for the new board! I’ll try that in the morning
Good lookin buddy

Still not working…nothing shows up on devices and the “port” still is off like the boards not connected when it is

It won’t show up in Port if the previous upload was interrupted.
As profezzorn noted, hook it up, hold the Boot button, press Reset button with Boot held, then release Boot and just press Upload in Arduino, and it will start uploading.

Did it…first time I got proffieboard v3 error
Switched to high speed for dosfs. Worked. But still isn’t doing anything on computer or anything when I put battery in…pretty much same as before

And you’re sure it uploaded? Does it show up in Serial Monitor?

Yessir I’m sure. It keeps saying it’s uploaded but nothing happens. It says sketch uses 275096 bytes (54%) of program storage space. Maximum is 507904 bytes. But nothing happens. I’ve tried switching my config back to what I had before and still says the same. And I can’t even get into the serial monitor because it says board at com3 is not available.

I’m just trying to do cool Jedi stuff

I suppose I should let you know that my boot button fell off last night trying to fix this but I didn’t figure it’d matter when I could just apply pressure to it. But will that work? Applying pressure to it acting like I’m the button?

That doesn’t mean it uploaded, that just tells you memory used. It should actually do an upload and show progress up to 100% if it’s really uploading, from what you’re saying it doesn’t actually sound like you uploaded anything.

Copy and paste the full message you have after uploading to be certain.

The button falling off could be an issue if there’s nothing left to make contact and close the switch. Some pics would help.

Hey do you guys know where I can get the little metal piece that goes on the bottom of the button? I took the other button off and used the piece on the boot side and I keep hearing my computer beep when I press it but I need one for reset now

Please select the board you have in Arduino → Tools → Board.
Right now it seems to be set to “Proffieboard V3”, and since that’s not launched yet, that can’t be what you actually have.

ok i switched over and everything and now im getting new message. also in my devices it comes up as the stm32 bootloader but nothing shows where it should say theres something in my usb port on the computer. this is the error code

'Arduino: 1.8.19 (Windows Store 1.8.57.0) (Windows 10), Board: “Proffieboard V2, Serial + Mass Storage, SDCARD (SPI), 80 MHz, Smallest Code”

c:/users/koni/documents/arduinodata/packages/proffieboard/tools/arm-none-eabi-gcc/9-2020-q2-update/bin/…/lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/9.3.1/…/…/…/…/arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe:C:\Users\koni\Documents\ArduinoData\packages\proffieboard\hardware\stm32l4\3.6.0\variants\STM32L433CC-ProffieboardV2/linker_scripts/STM32L433CC_FLASH.ld:224: warning: memory region `SRAM2’ not declared

c:/users/koni/documents/arduinodata/packages/proffieboard/tools/arm-none-eabi-gcc/9-2020-q2-update/bin/…/lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/9.3.1/…/…/…/…/arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: warning: changing start of section .bss by 8 bytes

c:/users/koni/documents/arduinodata/packages/proffieboard/tools/arm-none-eabi-gcc/9-2020-q2-update/bin/…/lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/9.3.1/…/…/…/…/arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: warning: changing start of section .bss by 8 bytes

c:/users/koni/documents/arduinodata/packages/proffieboard/tools/arm-none-eabi-gcc/9-2020-q2-update/bin/…/lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/9.3.1/…/…/…/…/arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: C:\Users\koni\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_359933/ProffieOS.ino.elf section .text' will not fit in region FLASH’

c:/users/koni/documents/arduinodata/packages/proffieboard/tools/arm-none-eabi-gcc/9-2020-q2-update/bin/…/lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/9.3.1/…/…/…/…/arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: region `FLASH’ overflowed by 10400 bytes

collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status

exit status 1

Error compiling for board Proffieboard V2.’

This report would have more information with
“Show verbose output during compilation”
option enabled in File → Preferences.

Well there’s your problem.
So here’s some steps to take:

The code I used was wayyyyyy smaller than anyone else’s…literally the exact same ones that came with the core but I’m cool man I’ve tried everything you can I’m about to pitch it… thanks for the help everyone.

How about post the config file for evaluation / help?

there it is with a lot taken out and a fett263 style for a kylo blade.
board is still not working. i hold boot then press reset/release then release boot and still nothing. uploaded with nothing. only thing that has changed is i can see it on my devices but doesnt show up as it should ( usb device )
i still wanna thank all who try to help but im at my last try. i know it’s probably my fault and i still plan on just buying another board/core because im addicted to this stuff no thanks to fett and freddrik lol