ProffieOS v6.3 BETA testing

Depends what you’re expecting? For the majority of the new functionality you need to use my OS6 prop. OS6 runs on v1.5, v2.2 or v3.7 boards but you need to set everything up AND use updated styles to enable most of the features. Your older config should compile and run fine but it will not enable new capabilities.
For Edit Mode and other new style features you’ll need new styles as older styles will not support. As noted above the library is still in development so if you need new styles you can use the test styles linked in the documentation in first post or wait for the library to be released.
There’s a lot of new features, anyone trying to update really should read through all documentation linked from here first.

I intend to look at most of it, starting with Dynamic Blade length, but out of the box none of the WS2811s power on. Im totally fine with troubleshooting since this seems to be the case.
I have a 2.2 board.

Weird… on attempt 2 it works fine. Must have been my screwup somewhere

For the life of me, I cannot find the link to the test styles.

Under Edit Style Set Up on Edit Mode documentation

1 Like

Found it, thank you!

@Fett263 , it works pretty well on TeensySaberV3 too! For the most part

1 Like

It is expected that you can use your old config file.
Moving prop files from one version of proffieOS to another is not really supported though, it may or may not work.

I’ve submitted a fix for this, can you test from the github version, click green “Code” button and select Download ZIP. I believe you had rotated down from “Option 0” to “Option 32768” which then set a delay on the ignition to 32768 milliseconds so the saber was staying off. I’ve set a minimum in the menu so you don’t reverse and changed how the ignition is timed. There is a purposeful delay whenever you change a retraction value, this is to allow the retraction animation to display before we reignite so there is approximately a 1 second pause once the retraction finishes, then the blade will reignite. Because we can’t actual edit while the blade is off, you do need to let the blade reignite before rotating to next option.

If this doesn’t fix an you provide Serial Monitor from when it occurs as I couldn’t replicate getting kicked out of Edit Mode.

FWIW in case anyone else missed the change it’s WS281XBladePtr<…

ie:

};
BladeConfig blades[] = {
{ 0,
WS281XBladePtr<144, bladePin, Color8::GRB, PowerPINS<bladePowerPin2, bladePowerPin3> >(),
CONFIGARRAY(presets) },
};
#endif

//Note for RGBW change GRB to GRBw
#ifdef CONFIG_BUTTONS
Button PowerButton(BUTTON_POWER, powerButtonPin, “pow”);
Button AuxButton(BUTTON_AUX, auxPin, “aux”);
#endif

What change?

There was something on that line that was different I had to change to get the blades to work but can’t remember if it was the X or something else. May be a moot point now.

When we talk about rotary switches are we talking about Opto switches? Any links?

I think this sort of thing.
https://www.digikey.com/en/products/filter/encoders/507?s=N4IgTCBcDaIEoHsAuBDATgTwAQFMB2AxggCY5ogC6AvkA

1 Like

Can’t wait to replace this with a preset selector….

1 Like

FWIW Where I was going here was I’m not sure what everyone else’s input would be, but I can say I think it would be an added bonus. If we were able to toggle on and off the option for a Force Effect, as well as it being something we can choose style options from the same as we can with blade styles that adds to the allure. Maybe for 7.0? Just sharing the idea.

Already handled in library, wait for its release.

2 Likes

EEEEEEEEEE!! :smiley:
Awesome sir, thanks!

1 Like

Like these: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07MW7D4FD/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

2 Likes

*I shouldn’t be smiling and laughing at those switches thinking “They goto 11.”

3 Likes