ProffieOS v6.3 BETA testing

Created a 6.2 zip file with all the fixes so far.
The list of changes can be found on github.
Time to get serious about getting everything tested so that ProffieOS 6.x can get out of BETA. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Not that much left to test:

I’m going to call these three optional:

• Support for rotary inputs
  • Support for potentiometer inputs.
  • Support for Savi’s workshop blades.

I think someone tested this, but I can’t find it now:

• Aurebesh font

Functions left to test:

• EffectPosition
  • TimeSinceEffect

Fett263 menues that nobody claims to have tested from what I’ve seen:

• Edit Color
    • Copy Colors (if multiple blades)
    • Reset Colors
  • Edit Settings
    • Edit Control Settings

Not sure if I count, but Aurebesh works.

Counted. :slight_smile:

These have no usage comments or examples given in the files.
I’d be happy to test, just need guidance on what they’re all about and proper syntax.

Added some basic documentation for these on the github master.

@MegtoothSith you lived the copying of the colors right? on your master graflex?

do you need the video to confirm? I have enabled the geture ignitions such as the swing on, swing on speed, the stab on, twist on and the prompt for the power lock is still there, (just won’t enable cause I have 1 button).

No, I do not need video.

Seeing that. However, I’m not getting how it’s used/useful on its own. Is it an Edit Mode specific thing?

So, I added TimeSinceEffect as an alternate to WavPos. However, it now occurs to me that we might need a Div<> so that we can divide TimeSinceEffect by WavLen…

EffectPosition<> is a little easier to use, as it can provide a stable, random position for an effect, like a clash. However, that’s not really compatible with the responsive styles.

Well (at this moment) I can’t think of a good example use for this, other than referring back to the original thread with obirobkenobi, where WavPos wasa used to create a non-linear extention/retraction animation. However, looking through that thread, it seems he used WavRem, which would effectively be something like (WavLen - TimeSinceEffect), and I’m not sure with the scale and all that that it would work the same?

InOutHelperL<InOutFuncX< Scale<WavPos<EFFECT_IGNITION>, Int<150>, Int<65535>>, WavRem<EFFECT_RETRACTION> >>

I haven’t updated to 6.2 yet, but Reset Colors worked for me in 6.1. Changed all color options to something different and everything reset. The Edit Control Settings all seemed to work for me as well.

While non-linear effects are possible to do this way, I don’t really think it’s the right way to do it. However, that does make TimeSinceEffect a solution looking for a problem… :slight_smile:

I have a potential use for TimeSinceEffect lined up for the OS6 library, I just haven’t gotten to it for testing yet, but should soon.

Since all 3 of my hilts/boards are 2 button I’ll additionally vouch/validate these. I loaded them all up when we were working on the other bit I caught. Set them as defines both on and then //'d to validate, so yes, they work fine in Edit_Mode too. I even tried things with just the SWING_ON defined alone, without it set to 375. All are good to go.

1 Like

This all seems to be working, looks like the only thing not mentioned is copy colors, that’s working perfectly for me on two button. Copied from my main blade to the crystal chamber or vice versa and ran into no issues.

1 Like

What is going on with this? What can we do now that’s new?

There are two new things:

1. Every button command can now work like a “modifier”, so if you do “aux pow” it means “hold aux and run the ‘pow’” In fact, this works for any command, so you can do things like “pow clash” to run the clash command with “pow” held.
  2. You can now generate all the various click/press/held long/medium/short events, including the numbered events. Here is the shorthand:
  • p = PRESSED
  • r = RELEASED
  • h = HELD
  • m = HELD_MEDIUM
  • l = HELD_LONG
  • S = CLICK_SHORT
  • s = SAVED_CLICK_SHORT
  • L = CLICK_LONG

So if you do “pow aux L3” it means to send EVENT_THIRD_CLICK_LONG with the power button held.

I should probably document all this on the wiki…

1 Like

Ok, I think that’s it! Everything that needs to be tested has now been tested! I’m going to put together a 6.3 zip file with the latest fixes today, and after a few final tests, we should be able to make ProffieOS 6.x official!

8 Likes