ProffieOS 7.7 Beta (done)

I think file an github Issue for now, and I’ll fix it in 8.x :slight_smile:

1 Like

I find interesting It knocks out hum too even though it’s the effect file that has the issue. That the other effects play would indicate it’s not a run-out-of-wavplayers thing.
Maybe it just clogs up the buffer and affects hum_player?

• edit - I added a debug printout to PickRandomSwing() since I had it open, and had it print when there were no hum_player, which it did indeed every change of swing pair.

Ok, we are now in BETA stage!

7 Likes

SubBladeZZ was tested a while back, but reporting it in the official testing thread.

Proof of life video:

1 Like

Is there some info on CONFIG_STYLES? The example is literally three lines:

#ifndef CONFIG_STYLES
using BatteryLevelStyle = InOutHelperX<Gradient<Red,Orange,Yellow,Green,Green,Green,Green>, BatteryLevel>;
#endif

Am I supposed to then do:

Preset presetneopxl[] = {
{ "Greyscal/Grey", "tracks/mars.wav",
    BatteryLevelStyle<>,
    "GS-Grey"},
};

I think if nobody is working on an OS7 example I could try one with all the options and highly anotated. But, that’s probably done by someone more knowledgeable.

It’s to allow using function styles to be moved to the bottom of the config (just to clean up reading the presets).

I haven’t had a chance to demo yet, but the new Config Tool will set it up for you if you choose OS7 and enable Using Functions, see this thread = ProffieOS6 & 7 Config Helper Tool v.2

1 Like

Is any way in which to keep a parameter, like color for example? That might simplify some setups.

Yes, working on that set up and demo currently. Hope to have it available soon.

1 Like

Minor bug spotted:
Something seems to have changed between an earlier version of 7.x and the latest one.
Prof, when you changed that OLED config thing so it reads the configs backwards, it worked fine, but I just tried it with the latest 7.x download and it doesn’t seem to be taking the ProffieOSFontImageDuration parameter in my shared oled folder. I’ve set it to seven seconds, but it seems to only display for the default five seconds.

Let me know if this doesn’t make sense and I’ll sort out a video to show what I mean.

If it’s any use, the version number of the earlier 7.x that works correctly is:
const char version[] = "$Id: ce12a06a1e236b5101ec60c950530a9a4719a74d $";

Can I see your config file please?

Here’s the main config:

And this is the config I’ve added to the folder with all the oled bitmaps:

The times are floats. Does it matter that your settings say 7000 instead of 7000.0?
Are you sure those OLED settings are not also in the main font config.ini ?

I’ll try adding the .0 when I get home. I was just puzzled that the same config and SD card layout works with the earlier 7.x from a few weeks ago, but not with the latest one. And I’m 99 percent sure there’s no OLED configs in any font folders, but again I’ll double check when I get home.

Forgive my ignorance, but what do you mean by ‘floats’?

The .0 should make no difference.

Float: Floating-point arithmetic - Wikipedia

1 Like

Yikes! Reading articles like that reminds me why I failed my 11-plus! :confused: LOL! But am I right in saying essentially that the numbers aren’t absolutes but are variables depending on other numbers? In which case I need to figure out what other numbers I need to change to achieve the frame rate and duration and other parameters that I’m after…

…I think…

Float just means “numbers with decimals”, the article I linked explains how that works in a lot more detail then is probably necessary… :slight_smile:

1 Like

So I guess this could pass as a test of TrDoeffect<>.
Just a TrConcat running through effects as a “demo” mode style.

StylePtr<Layers<Black,
TransitionEffectL<
TrConcat<TrDelay<2000>,
Red,TrExtend<1000,TrDoEffect<TrInstant,EFFECT_CLASH>>,
...etc...
EFFECT_IGNITION>,

It seems to work when I try it.
I used your config file. (except with the standard saber prop)
I created /shared/functions/oled, /shared/random and /fontprem/graflex directories on the sd card.
I put a standard sound font config.ini in /fontprem/graflex/
I put your oled config file in /shared/functions/oled/

With this setup, the fontimageduration becomes 7000.
What am I missing?

I was finding that the boot animation didn’t seem to play right. Again I can send it over when I get home, but basically it was cutting it short under the new system. I’m certain it was displaying for five seconds, not seven, but I’ll get a stopwatch on it when I get home, but either way, it would cut off the bitmap before it had played all the frames. But under the earlier 7.x, it played the entire bitmap sequence correctly.

Hmm, I think backwards compatibility has been messed up.
We added a new variable: ProffieOSBootImageDuration, which defaults to 4000
That means that ProffieOSFontImageDuration is now ignored, which is not very backwards compatible…

I could change to be backwards compatible, but maybe the new behavior is better? opinions?