ProffieOS 7.7 Beta (done)

@NoSloppy I just re-validated KILL_OLD_PLAYERS works as it should across 4 boards.

@Fett263 Can you clarify for me what you mean by “On the fly.”

re:

FETT263_DISABLE_CHANGE_FONT //- Disables the "on-the-fly" Change Font option FETT263_DISABLE_CHANGE_STYLE //- Disables the "on-the-fly" Change Style option FETT263_DISABLE_COPY_PRESET //- Disables the "on-the-fly" Copy Preset option

As-in that using these defines the process it limited to in EditMode only, correct?

No more accidental changes in standard button use, correct? Thx

These defines disable the individual controls for those features outside of Edit Mode. In OS6 they were default whether you had Edit Mode or not and multiple users reported accidentally triggering so now those can be disabled. They do not affect Edit Mode if it is enabled.

1 Like

Question regarding ProffieOSHumDelay for OS7

As discussed from the Pre-alpha thread:
“This basically does the same thing as humstart. humstart sets how long before the end of the “out.wav” ends that the hum should start. ProffieOSHumDelay starts from the beginning of the “out.wav” instead. You can use either one, but not both.”

So the question is, If someone buys a sound font with this ProffieOSHumDelay parameter in the included config file (as most sound font makers include font_config files in their packages), …what will happen if someone loaded this font into a saber that didnt have OS7 and was running an older OS? Does the hum simply just start at 0ms?

1 Like

I guess I should be more specific…
If ProffieOSHumDelay AND humStart are both specified, ProffieOSHumDelay is used, not humStart.
An older proffieOS installation would only see the humStart, so it would use that one.

2 Likes

I updated the top post with all the new prop stuff.
I removed most of the descriptions of what stuff does to make room for “tested by …”.
Let me know if I missed anything.

altNNN and altchng.wav working.

Join profezzorn (Fredrik) and I tomorrow (Thursday, February 9, 10PM EST (7:00PM PST)) as we discuss some of the new features and answer questions for ProffieOS7 Alpha.

2 Likes

For users who haven’t used github before, if you’re wanting to test OS7 use link below.

• Click Green “Code” button
  • Select “Download ZIP”
  • Extract contents to a folder on you computer.
  • Rename the main folder from “ProffieOS-master” to “ProffieOS”
  • Put a copy of your config in the /config folder
  • Open ProffieOS.ino and define your config
  • Upload as normal
    If you successfully test a feature from first post -or- have questions or encounter any issues report in this thread and provide your config and as much detail as possible.
1 Like

COUNT ME IN. I’ll monitor the list above

ProffieOS 7.7 Beta (done) - #11 by NoSloppy

In addition to the altNNN sounds test, this video posted also shows successful testing for AltF, as it was used to select the blade animations as well.

Layers<
MultiTransitionEffectL<TrSelect<AltF,
    TrConcat<TrWipe<150>,Red,TrWipe<100>>,
    TrConcat<TrWipe<200>,Stripes<1000,-2000,Cyan,Blue>,TrWipe<100>>>,
EFFECT_BLAST>>,

TransitionEffectL<
    TrDoEffectX<TrInstant, EFFECT_ALT_SOUND,                 
    EffectIncrementF<EFFECT_FORCE, Int<2>, Int<1>>>,
EFFECT_FORCE>
>

@profezzorn These are probably good to link to for users to look through as they test and as a start point for “documentation”.

1 Like

I’ve got my Transcendence test saber Proffie 1.5 loaded with OS7.??. I’ll begin testing on Fernando’s prop, then I’ll try out the new prop and BC’s prop. The other stuff looks to be quite beyond my capacity.

Battery level not working in idle on Fernando’s prop.

I did add several defines:

#define FETT263_DISABLE_CHANGE_STYLE
#define FETT263_DISABLE_COPY_PRESET

Entire config top if needed:

#include "proffieboard_v1_config.h"
#define NUM_BLADES 1
#define NUM_BUTTONS 2
#define VOLUME 2300
const unsigned int maxLedsPerStrip = 144;
#define CLASH_THRESHOLD_G 2.2
#define ENABLE_AUDIO
#define ENABLE_MOTION
#define ENABLE_WS2811
#define FETT263_EDIT_MODE_MENU
#define ENABLE_ALL_EDIT_OPTIONS
#define FETT263_DUAL_MODE_SOUND
#define FETT263_CLASH_STRENGTH_SOUND
#define FETT263_MAX_CLASH 16
#define FETT263_SAY_BATTERY_VOLTS
#define FETT263_TWIST_OFF
#define FETT263_TWIST_ON
#define FETT263_TWIST_ON_NO_BM
#define FETT263_THRUST_ON
#define FETT263_SWING_ON
#define FETT263_SWING_ON_SPEED 350
#define FETT263_DISABLE_CHANGE_FONT
#define FETT263_DISABLE_CHANGE_STYLE
#define FETT263_DISABLE_COPY_PRESET
#define FETT263_HOLD_BUTTON_OFF
#define FETT263_HOLD_BUTTON_LOCKUP
#define FETT263_SAY_COLOR_LIST
#define FETT263_SAY_COLOR_LIST_CC
#define FETT263_SAY_BATTERY_VOLTS
#define MOTION_TIMEOUT 60 * 15 * 1000
#define IDLE_OFF_TIME 60 * 10 * 1000
#define SAVE_STATE
#define DISABLE_DIAGNOSTIC_COMMANDS
#define DISABLE_BASIC_PARSER_STYLES
#define ENABLE_SD
#define ENABLE_SERIAL
#define ENABLE_SSD1306
// Max 20 characters
#define BLE_PASSWORD "1234"
// Max 32 characters.
#define BLE_NAME "Tran"
// Max 9 characters
#define BLE_SHORTNAME "Tran"

#endif

#ifdef CONFIG_PROP

#include "../props/saber_fett263_buttons.h"

#endif

Can you explain what you did and what’s not working? Also, need preset you’re trying as BatteryLevel is style based

say battery volts. I pressed aux then power in idle. on my os 6 sabers, it then says battery volts, not on os7. If the buttons changed, I didnt read buttons instructions on os7 prop.

EDIT: I found it - typo in the define. I’ll get it fixed. Thanks.

1 Like

hey, I did something! Ill try and test some other things. I didnt see the double blast issue I read about. Right now Im running saber, testing all saber functions, and edit mode. All seems ok so far except say battery volts.

FETT263_SAY_BATTERY_VOLTS fixed, profezzorn just merged update. Just grab updated zip from github.

2 Likes

This was a typo, change to

FETT263_SPIN_MODE

thanks

confirmed fixed, testing

spin mode define renamed