Proffie wont show up in arduino with WinUSB?

What do you mean by directory? Excuse me for my slight computer illiteracy, but is it wrong if I simply go into CMD and put the command “dfu-util.exe -l -d 0483:df11” in and run it??

It is. You want to specify the path to the file you want to execute.

By default, a CMD prompt usually starts you in your home directory (Users/yourUserName)
The prompt usually echoes the current working directory, and to verify where you “are” you can use pwd for “print working directory”
You can either “change directory” using the cd command and specify the path to the folder containing the file and then run it, or just execute it directly by specifying the path to it straight away.
So in your case, the whole path from your home to the file, plus the arguments is probably something like
AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\proffieboard\hardware\stm32l4\3.6.0\tools\windows\dfu-util.exe -l -d 0483:df11

Okay so when I ran that, I actually got something instead of an error. It simply says
"dfu-util 0.9

Copyright 2005-2009 Weston Schmidt, Harald Welte and OpenMoko Inc.
Copyright 2010-2016 Tormod Volden and Stefan Schmidt
This program is Free Software and has ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY
Please report bugs to dfu-util / Tickets"
And nothing more

This seems normal.
However, if the proffieboard is in bootloader (“STM32 BOOTLOADER”) mode, it should print out an additional line.

Seems to be the only thing it reads back to me. So what should I do about this missing line then? If we know what line should be displayed, could we find that missing/corrupted/messed up piece and tweak it?

Not sure how to do that on windows. All the subsystems are closed source and there is no real way to tell what they are doing, which makes it difficult to know what the problem is.

If this was linux, then I would just use strace and figure it out…

I get that with no board connected, and on a virtual machine at that.

No need to worry anymore. I got access to a different computer, ran all of the steps and on that one everything worked perfectly. My saber is now working like a charm. No idea what’s wrong with the other pc, maybe it’s just cursed. Either way thank you so much for the help.

1 Like