New 89Sabers Krossguard not working after reflashing with own config

Great thought. I dont know the exact pixel amount. I could probably take it apart fully but i dont really want to. There are no more visible screws at a certain point and i dont want to accidentally snap a wire or vreak a pcb.
Right now the Blades work, which im very glad they do because i really needed the saber to work this weekend, so ill probably change the activation delay tomorrow and leave it be.

ok, so I do have the issue that my crystal chambers dont light up anymore. The Blades work tho.
Any Ideas on how to fix that?
Maybe I need to define a fourth blade? Or do I have to define the crystal Chamber within the styles themselves?

All of this would be much easier if we could have a working configuration file from the installer.

You probably need another blade for the crystal chamber. It’s weird though, because it looks like you have five LED pads used (two for the main blade) but only three data pads. Not sure how that is hooked up.

True, it would be way easier if we had a working Blade config.
Question is what do I need to define to make it work. In the provided config from the seller powerpin6 was used, so maybe this needs to be defined in addition to maybe blade pin 3 again as it worked with blade pin 3 and powerpin 6, dunno tho

The bottom Crystal Chamber is wired up like this: (see Attached Picture)
Although I cant tell what the actual pins are.

From your picture above, LED6 is the only LED pad that isn’t used.
LED1/2/3/4/5 all have solder on them, LED6 does not.

Ok, ill try LED 4 or / and 5 then. Seen as I have 2 Crystal Chambers.

There are two solder points in your picture of the pommel PCB. You can confirm which LED pin feeds the pommel LED PCB by checking for continuity between the inner solder point and the proffieboard. I have a V2.2 universal from 89Sabers with a similar setup. On mine, that pin goes to LED 4&5. I’d guess it goes to LED 4 on your setup. The outer solder point will be batt+.

Update–on mine, I was also able to confirm the pommel pixels are powered by data pin 2 by checking continuity from on the unsoldered center TWO pins.

Thank you very much. Ill try this when im back home on Sunday. Ill post an update here once tested.

1 Like

Sooo, after testing this none of the combinations worked for some reason.
Maybe I dont really understand this XD. I tried bladepin 4 and powerpin 2 and vice versa.
Was that the correct combination? I feel kinda dumb right now not gonna lie haha.
If one of you is down to walk me through it or give me a crash course lmk, we could talk via discord or sth.

Time to use a multimeter, set it to continuity mode and measure what goes where. Anything you can’t reach will still need to be guessed, but it seems like you have access to a good number of things, so you should be able to figure out most of it.

As Profezzorn suggests–you really should use a multi-meter to check the connections. The instructions I gave will at least get you through confirmation on which pins drive the bottom CC.

That said, here is my best guess combination: (three blades, with the bottom CC lighting on blade2Pin and bladePowerPin4+ bladePowerPin5

WS281XBladePtr<144, blade1Pin, Color8::GRB, PowerPINS<bladePowerPin2, bladePowerPin3> >(),
WS281XBladePtr<40, blade2Pin, Color8::GRB, PowerPINS<bladePowerPin4, bladePowerPin5> >(),
WS281XBladePtr<40, blade3Pin, Color8::GRB, PowerPINS >(),

make sure numblades is set to 3
use the simplest preset blade styles-- one color for each blade (blue, red, green work well). This will help deduce if you have two blades in series or in parallel on the same data pin. Note, i also increased the number of pixels on the 2nd and 3rd pin in case something is in series.

best guess 2: (there might not be solder on LED5, even though it is usually bridged to LED4)
WS281XBladePtr<144, blade1Pin, Color8::GRB, PowerPINS<bladePowerPin2, bladePowerPin3> >(),
WS281XBladePtr<40, blade2Pin, Color8::GRB, PowerPINS >(),

best guess 3:
WS281XBladePtr<40, blade2Pin, Color8::GRB, PowerPINS >(),