Jet Pack Idea

Is this part all set up?

This is already a feature in ProffieOS.

Just use a LatchingButton instead of a Button in the BUTTON_CONFIG section.

1 Like

I noticed:

So I can’t figure out if it’s literal or momentary set as latching in the buttons configuration

You could name it hum.wav, then just don’t use an out.wav.
This should act like you want, provided that you understand the sound is going to stop around your 30 second mark, so you would need to turn it off before that and play the in.wav.

1 Like

I’m already using LatchingButton.
The LEDs only stay on as long as the button is held.

I’ll give this a try in the morning.

So looks like this works. I have to have MOTION enabled. I’ll need to remove the other sound files as any movement starts to play the swing sound files. lol
But this could be a viable option unless anyone thinks different or has any other suggestions.

There are better ways to deal with the sound files. What you have works as long as you don’t push the button for longer than 30 seconds, but with a little creative cut-n-pasting you can make it work for any length.

Yeah I’ve already extended the sound file to be around 45 seconds.
The idea long term is this to be used with a smoke machine. My thoughts are bursts of 5-10 seconds are more than adequate.

I’m designing a pcb to go around the profile to make wiring easier.

Only thing I’ve just realised is the profile board doesn’t keep a usb pack active like the teensy does.
This would have been my preferred power source but may have to look at a battery instead.

That really depends on the USB battery.
Batteries that have a ā€œlow powerā€ mode, should definitely work.

Bit of a result with this. The RF Button unit constantly draws a small amount of power so it is keeping the board (And the USB pack) active. :slight_smile:

For anyone following I have a Momentary Button connected and now have the RF button attached as well as the AuxButton.

I’ve added a boot.wav file so it announce the board is online.

I’ve also tested connecting a cable with a male aux 3.5mm connector to the Speaker + & - and then connected to a bluetooth speaker that has an Aux in and sound is working on that.

So can use various speaker options.

1 Like

Ok my next question…speaker.
Am I right in assuming if I go down the route of a 4ohm standard style speaker it needs to be a max of 3w?
just thinking about being in the jetpack and what will be loud enough as well.

It’s the other way around.
Ideally it should handle at least 3 watts.
If it doesn’t, you have to turn the volume down, or the speaker might break.

If you have the space for it, go find a larger speaker (couple of inches) and mount it sort of like a speaker cabinet. 3 watts is quite loud with the right setup.

Right ok. I’ll shops around.
I had an old 4ohm 20w.
But if I try and use that it just provides a static type sound and the LEDs barely illuminate so I’m guessing it’s drawing too much power…?

It shouldn’t. 4 ohms is 4 ohms.
Are you using it on battery power or on USB power?

Running it all via USB

USB doesn’t have enough power to drive the speakers at full power.

Oh damn. So really I need to incorporate a battery?

Yeah, I think you do.
Or, something that can provide 2A at 3.5 - 5.5 volts.