How would you go about a charged shot? aka Redo the blaster prop?

I’d assume it could just be a conditional in the next blaster mode switch, based on the existance of the sound file, for example:

case MODE_AUTO:
        SetBlasterMode(MODE_STUN);
        return;

could be something like this instead:

case MODE_AUTO:
        if (SFX_stun) {
          SetBlasterMode(MODE_STUN);
        } else {
          SetBlasterMode(MODE_KILL);
        return;

I was thinking of doing a true false with Mode_stun, kill, auto, charge,etc. to have an active statis in the current/font preset. then doing a mode set. Using a switch. So Mode_Set= 1 or stun or something Then mode_set = 2 or kill. and then already checked for the wav file. If it has a wav file then that mode is true unless over ridden by the Blaster.ini… I am unsure. basiclly it could check for the file and handle the mode automaticlly.

Do blasters even get jammed? I’d imagine that would be a benefit of them over slug throwers… They do have two different ammunitions to manage (gas and power cell), so maybe that could be thrown into the mix?

I think the place to set the startup mode is
BlasterMode blaster_mode = MODE_STUN;
So if we had a variable like ProffieOSBlasterStartMode in the font config.ini, somehow just use that where MODE_STUN is there.

In the VR galaxy’s edge game they overheat and then you can pull a vent release to trigger a complete cool down.

An over heat mode would be also interesting lock up to do for a jam. @NoSloppy I think a complete overhaul of how the blaster variables are handled is necessary, And how we set modes.

I really need to sit down and start planning this all out.