Having problems solving my sketch for school

I have a rebooting sound over and over after the installation of the bootloader. Its stuck in a loop. Can’t upload and the windows keep popping up. Not sure what else I can do here.

My fear is that the flash memory is damaged. Never had anything remotely like this happen before.

I upgraded my ProffieOS and this happened. The bootloader was taken care of just as the tutorials speak to, and now I have a loop and the SD card can no longer access.

Seems like Proffieboards are having many issues and I can’t help wondering if some of the processors are not able to handle the code changes?

Arduino: 1.8.15 (Windows 10), Board: "Proffieboard V2, Serial + Mass Storage, SDCARD (SPI), 80 MHz, Smallest Code"

c:/users/cathy/appdata/local/arduino15/packages/proffieboard/tools/arm-none-eabi-gcc/9-2020-q2-update/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/9.3.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe:C:\Users\cathy\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\proffieboard\hardware\stm32l4\3.6.0\variants\STM32L433CC-ProffieboardV2/linker_scripts/STM32L433CC_FLASH.ld:224: warning: memory region `SRAM2' not declared

c:/users/cathy/appdata/local/arduino15/packages/proffieboard/tools/arm-none-eabi-gcc/9-2020-q2-update/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/9.3.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: cannot find C:\Users\cathy\AppData\Local\Temp\ccMUfo2U.debug.temp.o: Invalid argument

collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status

exit status 1

Error compiling for board Proffieboard V2.``

This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
option enabled in File -> Preferences.
1 Like

I had a similar issue, can you take a hi res photo of the board.

This is certainly not the case.
Got to Arduino menu Tools>USB Type and select just Serial, not + Mass Storage.
Then goto Tools>Board>Boards Manager and search proffie in the box.
Choose Remove then reinstall version 3.6.0 of the plug in.
Plug in the board with USB.
Hold the BOOT button on the board, press and release RESET, then release BOOT.
Hit upload in Arduino with a known-good config file.
Report back.

The error you pasted has something to do with ProffieOS, your config file or arduino, it has absolutely nothing to do with the board itself. It just haven’t even gotten to the point where it’s trying to talk to the board yet.

NoSloppy has some good advice, but if that is not enough, please post your config file. This should hopefully all be fixable.

One addition to what @NoSloppy put above, after…Plug in the board with USB.
Hold the BOOT button on the board, press and release RESET, then release BOOT.
Hit upload in Arduino with a known-good config file…

Then, even if the board is not recognized after you do the button combination force the upload. It may take a few times to get it right but you’ll see the progress bar instead of the countdown telling you this trick worked.

Definitely report back.

here is the latest after simply uploading the default sketch and doing the typical BOOT/RESET and BOOT again. It is looping when the trigger is touched - and the error is posted below. Humm… odd.

Arduino: 1.8.15 (Windows 10), Board: "Proffieboard V2, Serial, SDCARD (SPI), 80 MHz, Smallest Code"

Sketch uses 212648 bytes (86%) of program storage space. Maximum is 245760 bytes.

dfu-util 0.9

Copyright 2005-2009 Weston Schmidt, Harald Welte and OpenMoko Inc.

Copyright 2010-2016 Tormod Volden and Stefan Schmidt

This program is Free Software and has ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY

Please report bugs to http://sourceforge.net/p/dfu-util/tickets/

Opening DFU capable USB device...

ID 0483:df11

Run-time device DFU version 011a

Claiming USB DFU Interface...

Cannot claim interface

An error occurred while uploading the sketch

This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
option enabled in File -> Preferences.'

> Blockquote

Not sure if this is a driver or a permission issue.
Are you administrator on this computer?
Did you run zadig successfully?

It could also be some other program on the machine simply getting there first, like maybe cura3d?

That is the same step. The board will not show up under Tools>Port because it’s in bootloader and is expected behavior.