First Time with SubBlades, does my Blade Define look right?

There are multiple battery options in the library for accents, crystals as well as the On Demand Battery Level in enhancements, this let’s you check battery in EVERY preset instead of needing to dedicate a whole preset to it.

My prop has “Check Battery Level” control in it, you don’t need to dedicate a single preset to battery level anymore.
The library supports this with the “On Demand Battery Level” styles, just add to each preset and you can get battery level on all presets, there are multiple display types, the one that is the same as style_charging is “Blade Location (Base Color)” but there are several other options available.
There are also a ton of Battery Level options for Accents and Crystals so you can actually get the battery to display full time if you wanted on one of the accents or via your crystal either when on or off or both.

@MegtoothSith it’s pretty straight forward to make a preset that is just displaying battery level, no on/off or anything if that’s what you want.
This will just show the bump that changes from green to red and moves tip to emitter as battery drains.

{ "Font;common", "tracks/track.wav",
StylePtr<Layers<Black,AlphaL<Mix<BatteryLevel,Red,Green>,Bump<Scale<BatteryLevel,Int<0>,Int<35000>>,Int<10000>>>>>(), "charging2.0"}

Thanks BC, that is what I was looking for. Straightforward for you maybe! I still haven’t taken a deep dive outside of the bladestyle editor. THe last time I put together my own bladestyles, they were very short one liners, and even then, Fredrik had to walk me through it, and I still didn’t understand wrapping.

That was built in the style editor. Started after I typed “if that’s what you want”, threw it together, and boom. :slight_smile:
Micro problem solving exercise.

1 Like

now its full on real:

/* copyright 2022 NoSloppy (BRIAN CONNER) OS6 Style
OS6.5 v1.017
This Style Contains 1 Unique Combination
Style Options:
Default (0): Boring ass battery meter blade (Original TeensySaberV3)
--Effects Included--
Ignition Effect Options: Default:  Boring battery bump
Retraction Effect: Standard Retraction
Lockup Effect: n/a
LightningBlock Effect: n/a
Drag Effect: n/a
Melt Effect: n/a
Stab Effect: n/a
Blast Effect: n/a
Clash Effect: n/a
*/
StylePtr<Layers<Black,AlphaL<Mix<BatteryLevel,Red,Green>,Bump<Scale<BatteryLevel,Int<0>,Int<35000>>,Int<10000>>>>>(), 

I mean dude, we could jazz it up a bit if you want lol.
Mine (although it’s an OnDemand TransitionEffectL) is like a red to green VU meter based on battery level…the more juice the more length, and it pulses faster and faster the lower the voltage .
StylePtr<PulsingX<AlphaL<Gradient<Red,Green>,SmoothStep<Scale<BatteryLevel,Int<0>,Int<35000>>,Int<-1>>>,Black,Scale<BatteryLevel,Int<1000>,Int<5000>>>>()

1 Like

I want the boring bump of old, I was being facetious. I appreciate the help greatly!!! It was tongue in cheek!