Dual mode ignitions / retractions

Per this wiki:

In addition, you can set effects for Ignition, Preon and Retraction using BladeAngle<> to have unique effects for both positions (up or down) including setting up an effect for only one position if you desire.

How do you actually do this? For instance, if I wanted to just change the ignition time based on up or down orientation. I have searched here and Rebel Armory for an example but I haven’t been able to find one. I also don’t see any mention of it in the OS6 Style Library.

Look in InOutTrL.
The IN-OUT is your ignition, the OUT-IN is retraction.
The Transition (wipe) has a time in milliseconds.
You want to use the expanded X version of the transition so the value can be replaced with a function of BladeAngle. So TrWipe<300> would become TrWipeX<Int<300>>

BladeAngle’s 2 arguments are the extreme ends of the sweep, so you’ll probably want to lessen the range by 3000 or so?
(Fett263’s styles are a good place to look for these. He’s put a lot of time into trial and error to find what works best.)
You’ll also want BladeAngle in a Scale, making the slowest and fastest speeds something more reasonable than 0 or 32768.

“Dual Mode Wipe (Up = Fast)”, etc. are listed under Ignition or Retraction Options in Enhancements screen.

Or if you use my prop with

#define FETT263_DUAL_MODE_SOUND

and set your Ignition or Retraction effect to “Auto” (0) in library they will automatically time to sound length creating the Dual Mode for you.

Awesome. Thank you!