Blaster How-To

I wonder if you could do a sort of shake muzzle downwards to go down in the menu and shake muzzle upwards to go up.

Wait, what about spin muzzle up vs spin muzzle down. Like an old gunslinger. Flip!

Not sure you could do that on a DC-15A!

How about turning the grip up to access menues and other controls?
(and pressing the fire button)

I think whoever is doing an extended blaster prop, can do that. blaster.h should probably do no menus at all (but should probably save the current prop).

You’re right, no menues in blaster.h.
But maybe it could be used to change preset in a single-button blaster prop.

Ha, no. No you could not.

I’ve got Mando brain when thinking about blasters right now.

I thought the way iits coded it means Its 0-99… I double checked with a number of examples. also I been working like crazy and being having fun like crazy too. So I might be exhausted

well at least it cant be greater than 0… yep. I am mentally exhausted.

Im getting ready to build my second proffie blaster, an E11 for my TK outfit! Id like to mount an oled in the counter box. Does oled work at all with blaster prop? Ill build a test rig.

Not that I know of. But there’s a thread where someone did make it work. I would love to put it in the prop, though. If you PM me next week we can try.

I still have many changes on my local version that I have to push to master, and then we can tackle the OLED issue.

Incidentally, Proff said he was going to experiment with color OLEDs on V3. So I’’m low key preparing a V3 test stand. I’ve procured some nice things:

This was done to make a tricorder prop, but I guess blaster.h could very well use it.

3 Likes

Yes, it works with the blaster prop.
Getting bullet counts to work is a little awkward, but it is possible, let me know if you need help.

I would like to know how, too. So I can implement it in the How-To and the prop.

2 Likes

I don’t know if I’ll build my test rig this weekend, but I am going to mock up my tri cree, strips, OLED, Speaker and buttons to see how all this is currently working. It would be cool to have the bullet counts on my counter on the E11, but I still think it’d be supercool to have the Emperial Cog battery meter on there as well. I know I can make it do that. I use the pic that is already in the files for the battery meter. I’m excited for this project. I built the first Proffie Blaster in February 2020 with Dayodadjocen, who is really busy working to make those MOM Sabers with 7Chambers. But I’d love to help expand proffie’s capabilities on blaster. The one I built was really cool, and makes other Boba Fetts in the 501st Legion jealous!!!